Your Boats Fish Records!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishrollo, Oct 24, 2009.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    This may make an interesting thread for you boat captains! What is your record weights for big fish landed on your vessel? Mine tops out with a blue cat estimated between 65-70 pounds caught by Angler4life on a trip to the James River. Second place is a flathead caught by my buddy Adam this spring on the Ohio River weighing almost 47 pounds. Third is the blue I caught on the James at 41 pounds. Post your pic.s and tell your storys on each experience if you would like. Or feel free to add a story of a day or night out on the boat and the fish landed! I will post my pictures along with details of each trip soon! rollo

2. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    have had one over a hundred not caught by me dang it

3. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Lets see...our boat records arent our pbs.... Blue would be 50 lbs. Flat would be 38 lbs and channel would be 16 lbs. All three of which arent my personal bests and were caught when i didnt know much about fishing. i catch a lot more bigger fish than i used to. but just cant top the pbs :angry:

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Here is the biggest boated to date on my boat! Drew caught this monster on the James with me a couple years ago. I was trying to run a video of the catch in one hand and net with the other. The fish almost took me overboard!!! I will never try to multi-task again!!!! :smile2: rollo

Attached Files:

5. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Adam's fish hit right off the bank! It ran straight under the boat making for a difficult hookset! He did a good job keeping the fish away from structure! I think I pissed him off when coaching the catch in. But, if you fish on my boat thats how it goes for flatheads! rolllo

6. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Here is Adams big fish from the Ohio River!!!! rollo

Attached Files:

7. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Interesting thread....boat records for my rig are:

Flatheads 55, nothing else even close..

Bluecats 55, a few 47's, multiple fish in 40lb range

Channels 21, and 17

The worst part? None of the top weights were caught by me, its getting down right unfair! lmao

8. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I know how you feel man. I take people every year and they end up doing most of the catching! LOL.. Dunno what it is, but just look at it like I do. You take them to the area, that fish is as good as your own because you put them on it! You are doing the work for the most part. rollo
    P.S I will leave my boat here and fish off your boat this winter!:smile2:

Last edited: Oct 25, 2009
  9. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 New Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    mine are a 35lb flat, a 17lb blue, and a 12lb channel all caught by me from the same spot in the same night all with in an hour of each other and of course had no one there to take pictures of me holding them:sad2:

10. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    Travis, can I go fishing with you?:smile2:

11. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    46 # flathead caught by myself.one luckey night.An a 9# channel cat caught by my friend.Both pb for2009

Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  12. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I don't have any good fish from my boat yet. I've only taken it out cattin 4 times I think. 2010 the boat will see much more fishin time. I am confident I can up the numbers from this year. I am learning boat cattin, and plan on doing more of it in different waters than I have been in so far.

channel 5 lbs flattie 13 lbs. Rather low numbers so far......so I have nothing but good things to look forward to :smile2:

13. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    i've only had a boat three yrs. i got a :40 lb. flat,lots of30+,only 1 blue caught in my boat 23lbs.,and a 22 lb. channel.gonna try to make the numbers a little larger next yr.

14. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    72 lb 6 oz Blue- Not weighed by a string :wink:

38 lb Flathead- Sold to a pay lake....

12 lb channel- caught by my daughter....

15. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I think it was a darn good string weight, guess, etc!:smile2: rollo

16. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    I agree! That was a trip of a lifetime for both of us!

17. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio

You two suk! LOL

If the damn bowfin hadn't been constantly at my bait you both would have been smoked by the best fisherman you know. LOL

18. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    42 lb Blue caught by me!
    27 lb Flat caught by a friend.
    17 lb Channel caught by me.

My old kayak record was 14.5 lb Blue.

19. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    This has been a banner year in my boat for PB catches.

I have had the pleasure of guiding a few BOC members to their first ever, and/or biggest ever Flathead this year. Also a couple of non-members (their reasons for not joining mystify me).

This years total stands at 6, not including my own PB.
    I may not post every day on whatever topic I can dream up, but the people that go fishing with me catch fish. They might not have been the largest fish in the river, but I'll tell you now. They were the biggest fish these guys had ever seen. And I was as proud as anyone could be that they caught them.
    I can't name the weights of all the fish we've caught this year off the top of my head, cause we've caught so many. But I can say this:

If you aren't helping others to meet or exceed their goals what are you posting for?

20. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    My boats record is held by BNorth its a 72 lb blue caught out of the Wabash River near Lafayette Indiana on a 3 inch shad. My PB that I caught this year out of my boat maxed out my 50 pound scale. I figure its in the 60's since I had a heck of a time holding it up for a picture. I caught it out of the ohio River. My boats PB flathead is pretty sad maybe 15 pounds. I have caught my biggest ones off the bank. My boats PB channels was around 12 pounds in a tournament at O'Shay a couple years ago..

Attached Files: