Your Boat???

Discussion in 'Boating' started by buckskinhunter, Mar 22, 2009.

1. buckskinhunter

buckskinhunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hey all, Im in search of a new boat, and just wanted some ideas of what you all have and how you rig them. Im just looking for ideas to help me decided what I may want to get, Im in Ohio, so mainly lakes and the Ohio. But thinking I want something to hit the bays on Erie as well. Thank you for your time. J

2. roadkill636

roadkill636 New Member

State:
    warrenton misso
    this is a 24' Seaark commercial flat bottom with a stand up center consol . with a modified 200+ Johnson,
    LOTS of room, solid, VERY stable

Attached Files:

3. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    That's a nice rig Jeremy! I have a 17' crestliner 17cx w/50hp mercury. I am installing driftmaster rod holders and will do a couple other things to it to make it more catfish friendly

Attached Files:

4. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    if you stay close to shore i would think a 16ft would be all you would need. the bigger the boat you get the less waters you can fish with it! i have a "jumbo16" lowe with the center seat removed and a plywood floor. i have two motors for it too. a 6hp for the lakes n rivers and a 35hp for bigger waters. i would take it out around shore on Erie, plus i can get way up creeks and into places the big boats cant get when im doing that too. all depends on what you want in/on your boat.

5. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I've got a Lowe 1652 with a 40 hp tiller on it. Its big enough for the Ohio, and small enough for smaller rivers like the White and Wabash here in Indiana. Many times I wish it were an 18 or 20 footer, then again there are lots of times I'm glad its just a 16 footer. It all depends on where you are at and what you are tryin to get into. :wink:

6. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In

nice boat... just dont drink from the livewell:smile2::eek:oooh::smile2:

7. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I've got a 17' center console, set up with a 24 volt trolling motor, HB 797c si, and a Lowrance LMS337cdf. Driftmaster rod holders all around, with a homemade rod holder across the back. It is great for most of the fishing I do, which includes saltwater inshore & near shore, where the V-hull helps make a smoother ride; also will run in 1-1/2' of water. It has room for 2 to fish comfortably, but I envy those catfishermen who have those big open boats, or the big pontoons with enclosures. :smile2:

Attached Files:

8. cantstopgrandma

cantstopgrandma New Member

State:
    MD
    Alumacraft 1448 Flatbottom Jon here. 25hp Yamaha 2 stroke on the back. I have fished in the chesapeake bay on calm days, but i can also go into the little creeks and ponds. The ride isn't the greatest on choppy days, but its not that bad.

I got into a situation last year where the waves were tall enough i lost sight of land a couple of times when i went into the trough of a wave. I was uneasy about it, but the boat never missed a beat. I took it slow and made it back to the boat ramp.