Your boat insurance policy

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by laidbck111, Oct 16, 2006.

1. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I found this info in an article while waiting on the dentist. The story goes that a guy had damaged his boat and contacted his insurance company. He was told he would have to pay the deductible and would also need to pay a depreciation sum on the parts needed for the repair. The story goes on to say that after hearing this the writter called his insuracne company and found out that he had the same type of policy. The agent also told him that it is common pratice on boats older than five years. I just wanted to warn you guys with boats: Check your policy.

2. crome

crome New Member

State:
    ilm,nc
    thanks for the heads up benji!

3. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    No kidding. I have not heard of that before. That would really anger me to find that out in hind site.

4. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I'll keep that in mind when shoping for new insurance.
    Bill

5. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    I've got Progressive, It is clearly stated that it covers current replacement costs, less the deductible of course.

So far, I've never needed it. Hope I never do.

6. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I also have progressive boat insurance. I guess I need to read over my policy.

7. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Three years ago I turned my boat into State Farm as stolen, they said they would issue a check for the full insured value, the boat was 10 years old. But then the boat was returned in a couple days. :sad2: :sad2:

8. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    I am also insured at State Farm, and when I bought insurance, I had to come up with a value for the boat, motor and trailer. I haven't had to turn in any claims but I guess I need to look at my policy. Thanks Andy

9. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I have State Farm as well, for about 12 years now though in different states. Never had a problem with them even when the wife totaled a brand new, 6 days old, Pacifica.

10. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    I had lightning hit the house a few years ago, and I had called them, and was told to get all the estimates ect. I got busy on other stuff, and they called me wanting to settle my claim. I've had ins. from a lot of different companies, but I never had one calling me wanting to spend money. So I'm pretty proud of them right now. Later
    Andy