your biggest channel on what bait ?

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by Apache Flats, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    What's your biggest channel cat and what bait did you use???? My biggest channel is 14lbs caught on a live crappie. Also If you remember when did you catch it? Mine was caught in September last year and the water dept was 10ft.

:0a31:

2. Ghoulscout 13

Ghoulscout 13 New Member

State:
    North carolina
    mine was about 8ibs (hes the one in my avatar), caught him in my buddys tiny pond on shrimp

3. wpgape

wpgape New Member

State:
    Manitoba
    My largest was caught September 29, 3008 it was a 37.5" channel cat I used Raw Shrimp. I caught a 34" channel cat also that night on the shrimp. :big_smile:

Attached Files:

4. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    I Caught My Biggest 18 Pounds On 7/25/06 On Cut Bluegill About 10 Feet Off The Bank. Then On 7/26/06 I Broke It By Half A Pound At 18.5 Pounds Fishing In The Same Spot On Cut Bluegill Here Are A Couple Of Pics.

Attached Files:

5. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    my biggest was 12 pounds on shad.i caught it in maybe five fow.it had just rained and the creek was dumping into a local lake very fast.the fish was up in there feeding like hogs.

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    [My largest channel cat was 23# caught on B'S Dough bait. I also caught two others in the 20# range the same day.B][/B]

7. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    my PB channel cat was this yr August if i remember right :confused2: , big'ol 10'lber on bluegill head about 8 ft water .
    here's a pic .

Attached Files:

• 016.jpg
      016.jpg
      File size:
      14.8 KB
      Views:
  8. One Legged Josh

One Legged Josh New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Mine was 20.8 pounds on a live warmouth sunfish under a float in 12 feet of water. That was in 2003.

9. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Mine was on cut shad head under a Kat Bobber. It was 32.3lbs and 36" long. Just a few pounds short of the state record. It was caught 8/1/08 just after it came off spawn. So before the spawn it probably would had been a new record.

Attached Files:

10. Angler Ace

Angler Ace New Member

State:
    Pleasant Hill,
    Mine was a 20 pounder, on an INFLATED nightcrawler.

11. delbert bumbleshoot

delbert bumbleshoot New Member

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    My secret to catching big channels is to catch large numbers of them although this year it seems I'm only hooking the bigguns in places that are extremely snaggy.They don't break me off but snag my line on underwater obstacles.I had one on a 5 inch crappie right next to the boat that would go over 30lbs but didn't have a big net and he snagged me up on the bottom. Big fish this year 18 lbs on liver in August in only 4 feet of water on a hot day.I could see the fish feeding on the surface and cast to her specifically. Last year 3 over 20 in a creek that flows into the lake after flood like conditions. All on turkey liver 24.7 was the biggest in only 3 feet of water. I didn't get a digital camera till a few weeks ago.Need to fix my scanner.

12. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    15 LBS ON A THREADED JUMBO SHINER

13. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    My largest channel cat to date is a 17# caught on shad gizzards. it was 33" long.

14. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    My biggest was 7.5 lbs ,whole shad,Kerr Res,OK 2003

15. X24

X24 New Member

State:
    Monroe,Nebraska
    7-8lbs on minnows. The weight isn't spot on as i was using a very crappy scale, so it was basically guess and i usually underestimate fish.

16. dust777man

dust777man New Member

State:
    SC
    My biggest one was 11 lbs on Sonny's Stink Bait.

17. fishnvince

fishnvince New Member

State:
    na
    20#, caught on cut Shad

18. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    I caught a 10# just 3 months back at eastman lake, ca in 12 foot of water but my buddy caught a 24# channel same night pics to come...

19. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    My largest channel cat was 19 pounds caught on a raw medium shrimp in 3 feet of water under a float. I caught it on Memorial Day in 2006 at Rocky Mtn. PFA in NW GA.

20. Trahviiz

Trahviiz Member

State:
    Indianapolis
    12lbs on cut shiner, my favorite bait for channels.