Your "BIG ONE"

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Johnny B, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Johnny B

Johnny B New Member

State:
    illinois
    whats the biggest fish you ever caught and on what, when and where and what was the most memorable thing you will never forget about it?:006:

2. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    I wasn't lucky enough to get him in, after about a 1 1/2hr's :eek:oooh:the hook pulled free..:sad2::sad2: True Story. Hit a dead shiner, he slooowly moved out about 60-80' But I could not stop him and never even moved him one inch..:angry:

3. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    48, 0r 50 pound flat, he dident fight me to muck, but iwas appy, now i might get them every week, found a new hole

4. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    One day last year while bank fishing the Mississippi I caught a #48,#45 and probably 4 or 5 more in the #20 to #30 range plus a bunch of other smaller. All were blues and caught on shad and skipjack. That was just one of those lucky days you get once in a great while.

5. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    81 lb blue in my avitar. Caught on cut asian carp. Took me to below 1/4 spool three different times. The wife trying to net him in the strong current of the Mo river after dark:crazy:. Will never forget the exprerance:cool2:.

Tom

6. 1mickymoo

1mickymoo New Member

State:
    Edgerton, Kansas
    53 inch blue, MO river, no net, little jon boat, need i say more.

7. 1442ncs

1442ncs New Member

State:
    Muhlenburg, KY
    My best was a 43lb blue thats in my avatar. Best part was my dad experienced with me.

8. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    55-lb flathead on cut shad..Most important thing I remember was the fish is still swiming.

9. cat'n around

cat'n around New Member

State:
    Vanceboro N.C.
    48 flathead on bream and 45 blue on eel. nuese river

10. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My biggest this year was a 39lb 10oz flathead caught out of salt fork lake in ohio. I caught him on a 6-8inch warmouth. The most memorable thing about this is it was my first flathead ever! i lost my flathead virginity to a 40lb fish! I caught it at the gathering tourney so i could share my amazing moment with all my fellow brothers!

11. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Biggest catfish- 40 pound flathead I think it was cut shad or could have been skipjack.
    Biggest caught- Shark 6 foot long black tip shark. Caught in the Bahamas on cut grouper.

12. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Biggest one i ever had was a 5 lb. channel he fought so rough.. i hung him in about 8' of water.

Attached Files:

13. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    My biggest fish ever caught is the flathead in my avatar which weighed 67.2 lbs. The fish took a live bluegill fished on the bottom in 4-6' of water at 10:30 at night under the full moon in May of 08'. The fish was CPR and back in the water in less than 2 minutes.:cool2:

My biggest Bluecat weighed 47.9 lbs and was caught on a bluegill head fished on the bottom in 20-30' of water in November.:cool2:

Both fish were caught on 20# mono from the bank.:cool2:

14. LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN

LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN New Member

State:
    sc
    79lb blue caught on half a herring.The only reason it is not my avatar is the pics that were taken did not come out because of cam failure and/or a bad card.So,Im gonna say I havent caught my avatar yet.But,like Mickey says....theres always that one cast.

Besides,my daughter got alot of pleasure knowing that fish swam away,and it makes her fish tales she tells friends that much better.The fish has already grown to about 6ft now.:smile2:

Last edited: Aug 17, 2009
  15. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    never landed my nost memorable fish but it was a manta ray i snaged off the bob hall pier out of corpus christi texas.fish was bout 9 to 11 foot across and have not the faintest idea what it would have weighed but it took 900 yards of 100 lb line in a short time.had the rod,custom 16 thread blue royal,braced on the railing and when the line broke the rod hit me just above the hairline on my fore head.3 hours in the hospital,13 stitches,and a new reel later i was back shark fishing again.my bigest catfish 71 lbs.on t30 tidewater and 80 lb power pro.

16. lookin_4_moby

lookin_4_moby New Member

State:
    Guthrie, OK
    my biggest 46 pound flathead, I headed out early one morning after work by myself to try to do some channel cat fishing to get some to fry up and decided to throw some live bait on. 15 mins later my line was doin something funny so I picked up the rod and started reeling in, felt some pressure then POP. I thought my line had cut on some rocks, so anxious to see had happened I started reeling faster then I realized the other end of my line was really heavy all of a sudden and swimmin upstream. The best part about it is I lost a big fish in this exact same spot last year that snapped my line swimming upstream. this time I came better prepared:big_smile:

17. Angler Ace

Angler Ace New Member

State:
    Pleasant Hill,
    I really like to catch BIG fish, but I don't have Blues, or Flats around here where I fish. So In order to tangle with reallb BIG fish, I fish for STURGEON. 65 inch 80 is the BIGGEST fish I ever caught.
    Yes I tell ya it's something you never forget.

Attached Files:

18. ramon06

ramon06 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Appomattox River in Colonial Heights, Va. 62lb Blue just last friday. 10ft Penn Spinning Combo CVH 102 (I think), 65lb Power Pro, 60lb Mono Leader, 4oz weight and 8/0 Gammo Octo Circle on Cut Shad, didnt fight too hard at first, just stayed on the bottom, when I got him 5 ft from the bank, he flipped out, splashing on top of the water and then he started ripping line from my Rod and got tangled in 3 of my friend's lines. Got him close again and one of my buddies jumped in the water and scooped him up with the little net we had and only his head was in it and the net snapped so my friend wrestled him LOL picked him up and that was that. We took pics, I put him in the water and he took off like a bat out of hell but he stayed on top of the water for like 50ft just jetting across the water, it was weird, then he went under and off to fight another day.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2009