Your best vacation?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by copycat, May 30, 2006.

1. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    where was the best vacation you ever had?

2. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Last year, Hawaiian Islands, especially Honolulu and the USS Arizona Memorial.

3. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Last Summer, The Florida Keys....it was a blast, awesome fishing!

4. shortshank

shortshank New Member

State:
    Oregon
    My wifes' Father was still with us in 2000. He lived in a small Illinois community of about 30,000 people. He loved to fish and he spent many years of his life crafting his passion on the Mississippi River. While we lived back there you could find us any given weekend proving which one of us made better bait. Mother and I decided to surprize him with a visit. We drove the 1951 miles from here to her fathers in 3 days. The fourth day we were fishing on a humid June day.
    The bite was on. Between my wife, my Father-in-law, my wife's uncle, and myself we caught 48 Channel, 4 Blues, 2 Flatheads, from two seperate boats. We kept 6 of the channels to fry and everyone else went back in the water. The next morning, hit the water at 6:30 AM and pounded them all day with the exact same totals. We went back to his house the next morning. I've never had that happen before or since, but I'll never forget how much fun we had doing it.
    Don

5. shortshank

shortshank New Member

State:
    Oregon
    John it was my Grandpa, and he took me to the Current(?) River near Middlebrook AK. clearest water a catfish ever came out of. Did you have the long red&white bobber?
    Don

6. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    When I got back from my second tour in Iraq, I saw my youngest son who was 6 months old when I left. I had arranged to take leave upon returning home. My mom and my brother also visited from Ohio. It was the best leave ever and, we didnt fish once! Just food, family and, BEER!

7. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Either Fiji or Thailand...both those places were great.

8. screen

screen New Member

State:
    Sterling, Illinois
    When my girls were ten and twelve I was working for Motorola as a zone manager and got a bonus - so we went to Disney World, Epcot, Sea world, Bush Gardens and the Cape - Best $4000 I ever spent!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I have 2 favorite vacations the first would be when I was stationed on ship and flew home from Egypt to suprise my Parents at the Lake when they used to get a cabin there, my Dad of course cried (I get that from him) and it really suprised my Mom. I had some gifts from Saudi Arabia for them (basicly Gold).

The 2nd Favorite would be my Honeymoon for obvious reasons, but also it was great to get away from everyone (we rented a houseboat at Dale Hollow Lake in TN). We were able to get totally away from everyone and have a great time touring the Lake.

10. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    My two favorite vacations are:

wife & me on our honeymoon to the Florida keys and our trip to Bermuda.

11. onlyone

onlyone New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    My favorite was Florida. Went to Disney world for a week when I was like 14. Colorado is pretty cool too.