Your best Crappie

Discussion in 'Crappie Fishing' started by Slatebar, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    What is your all time best Crappie. Mine was just under 2 lb. Caught on a minnow under a bobber at Lake Weiss Al. a couple years ago. I hope to hit that 3+ pounder some day

2. mactheaxe

mactheaxe New Member

State:
    cartersville, georgia
    mine was a 2lber in lake weiss flippin docks with a jig.

3. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    mine was a 15'' long dont know how much it weighed caught out of a farm pond

4. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Mine was fried up golden brown with fries :wink::big_smile:.

5. mactheaxe

mactheaxe New Member

State:
    cartersville, georgia
    i like the way you think. imma go fishing with YOU if thats what you catch.

6. festus

festus New Member

I caught one this year that was 15" on a grub/leadhead but didn't weigh it, probably a little less than 2 lbs. That one entered the frying pan. Also got another one I caught on a minnow this spring that was 16" and weighed about 2-1/4 lbs. I got one about 20 years ago that was 17" and weighed about 3-1/4 pounds on cheap Zebco scales. Turned it loose, too.

7. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    mine is 16 15/16ths" which made me mad cuz my ole man said he would mount a crappie 17 or bigger and i couldnt stretch it that 1/16 of an inch. i caught it out of versailles state park in indiana. he was over 2 lbs...never weighed him

8. flathead_hunter

flathead_hunter Well-Known Member

State:
    nebraska city
    caught theese two last spring.... they were both 16 inches...my biggest was 19 from a sand pit in iowa

double.jpg

9. gonecatin

gonecatin New Member

State:
    IA
    my biggest is 2 1/2 lbs I caught a few years ago in a farm pond. Today I had one snap my 4lb suffix line. I saw it just for a split second,I would say it was atleast 2 3/4lbs

10. mamaita

mamaita New Member

State:
    tennesse
    Mne was 14 inches long and caught on minnow behind Springville pumphouse Tennessee:eek:oooh:

11. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    My best was 15 1/2 " 2 1/4 lbs ,Caught on a 12" grape worm flipping for bass.:cool2:

12. carolinakid76

carolinakid76 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    crappie are the best eating fish there is.:big_smile:

13. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My best crappie have been 4 different 16.25 inchers. 2 caught on each of 2 trips. I never weighed them since we took them home each time and filleted/fried them up. only got the length. :wink:

14. seokfisherman

seokfisherman Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Out of all of the crappie I have caught I have only caught three over two pounds. They were all over 15 inches long. All on minnows.

15. fmb

fmb New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I got this one when I was 16....I don't remember its weight but it won me a fishing derby....

sorry about the pictures I don't have a scanner so I just took a digital picture of the old pictures

I was 5"10 and weighed 180 pounds in the photo...if that helps on a size compairson

and yea I was a hippie so please no hate mail about my hair:smile2:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  16. colten

colten Member

State:
    Texas
    One day I hooked 3 big crappie that were just over 2 1/2 pounds. What a day. MMMMMMMMM Good :smile2:

17. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    on farm ponds me and my granpa used to sack em up ..stringers full of 2 lb.ers lots of people used to fish the same spot and a few even reported up to 4 lbs...biggest ive seen hit a scale was 3lbs 4 oz...back then nobody threw any back either...all went to the belly project

18. festus

festus New Member

One of my friends who's only about 27 years old caught his first crappie of his life Monday. He's more of a saltwater fishermen and says this year is the first time he's seriously done any freshwater fishing. The fish was about 13" long and well over a pound. He got it on a Little George tailspinner. They're moving into shallower water right now, this was about 8' deep where he got his.

19. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Mine went 2 lb. 13 1/2" on a minnow/bobber rig.

20. restorerancientiron

restorerancientiron New Member

State:
    Cadiz, KY
    The biggest for me is a 2.56 caught april of this year.The pic shows it and another that wasn't weighed it probably was close to 1 3/4 pounds.The larger crappie was 16 inches long and thick as a brick.Had a good spring for crappie on Barkley and Kentucky lake this spring , both of these were caught in Barkley at hopson bay.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 14, 2009