Your Best Christmas Present Ever?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by brad kilpatrick, Dec 24, 2005.

1. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Alright Ya'll What was the Best Christmas present you've ever gotten? As a kid, or adult, or both. Maybe someone will recieve one of those gifts this year.

Mine would have to be:

As a kid, I got a big red Metal fire engine that you pedaled, (Yes, Pedaled with Your legs no electric motor.) I thought that thing was pretty darn cool.

As an adult, last year My wife to be got Me a Kansas lifetime hunting and fishing licence. Its so cool I always have a licence now, no more scrambling around to go buy one ever!!!

2. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    as a kid a tonka trunk(back when they were all steel)mostly!!!

as an adult a new rod and reel...lol....

3. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    When I was a baby a little spongebob rod and reel.....LOL
    Middle-age kid.......a ultra light fishing rod....LOL
    old kid (like I am now).........Big long 10 ft catfish pole with 40 lb test on it.....LOL :D

Merry Christmas everyone :)

4. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Eight years old, racing go card with 2 motors which Dad took one off cause it was way to fast. One motor did 45 MPH. He paid $50. for the go cart. It was made by a friend of his.
    That was the coolest go cart. More so cause past year us kids had put together our own go cart and it always had some bugs in it. LOL. All the kids in neighborhood was at my house Christmas day. We took turns riding. Lot of fun. :cool:

I'll never forget, I had er wide open heading towards a dead end road with island in middle to circle around and come back. It was cold, string on my jacket hood got caught in carb. I let off gas, it was stuck wide open. :0a5:

All I could do was get down low in seat, try and make it around island and hope for the best after that. Maybe run out of gas. LOL. I made it half way around. She started spinning around, slid into curb. After a ride about 10 feet through the air, rolled bout 4 times in yard, it landed on me still running. :0010:
    I jumped up, wasn't hurt, shook it off pulled my hood string out, flipped it back over and rode back down street. :thumbsup:

I beat my Mother from getting to me. That was only time I ever saw My Mom run. She was coming to check on me and all upset. . After that she wanted to sell it . Me, I had just got started. LOL
    We all wore that thing out.
    Had it another year or so and sold it to a man who turned it back into a racing go cart. . :cool:

Time to fry my turkey

5. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    sorry to here about the viking jacket :p (just funnin' ya baitfish)...lol....
    merry christmas.....

6. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    as an adult seriously and without any doubt
    the greatest best coolest most awesome christmas present ever is to see my kids faces on christmas morning getting their presents opened up in a pile of torn wrapping paper .
    that to me anyway is unequaled by anything.
    i get what i need throughout the year so i really dont need anything
    unless its a million bux LOL .
    as a kid it was the daisy bb gun and a GE cassette recorder player.

7. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    My best Christmas as a child was the year I got a CO2 pellet rifle and mom got a new birdbath(what a winning combonation, LOL!!!)

Yesterday I got to spend the day with my family and all the nices,nephews and Most of all my grand daughter. That is what it is all about to me folks!!!

8. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I agree the best is watching the kids have fun. We still haven't onpen our stuff yet. Wait on Grand Daughter to get here in a few.

I wish they would hurry, I need my new underwear, Bad. LOl :D

9. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    another fun part about the kids is haveing them explain the rules to the games weve played when we were their age HAHAHAHA .

a couple games my 9 yr old got are operation(homer simpson)as the patient
    and the game of life simpsons edition
    old classics with a makeover.

10. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I have to say this Christmas will probaly be the best EVER, I had a fall at work back last january and could not work anymore. I thought I was gonna loose everything I worked so hard for, but with the help from the LORD I was approved for SSI disability in November of this year. I was able to catch up on most of my bills and buy a few Christmas gifts. I lost my truck and my RV but all those do not amount to much. I do not have a truck to pull my boat but THANKS to my fishing partner Little Mac. I have a way to pull my boat. OH yes my boat was paid for, I was able to keep it.

11. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    1951, Six years old, a BB gun, that my sister stepped on within the hour and broke the rear site off, can still to this day knock a pop bottle cap off the tree at thirty feet.
    1982 wife bought me a new rod and reel, rod is gone, reel still works.
    Since then my daughter opening her presents every year, she's 21 now and I still like watching her.

12. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    i guess mine would have to be when i was 8 and my grandfather gave me my first shotgun
    and now its all about the kids all three of them

13. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    As a kid id have to say the red rider BB gun i got,i use to carry it around when i went hunting with my dad,he would carry his shotgun and id always have that red rider,he even put a sling on it and everything for me,i still have it and i plan on giving it to my daughter whne she is a lil older,they have tons of newer more realistic pellet guns but i think the red rider is special.to me anyway.
    as an adult........im not real sure,i like every gift i recieve,but anymor eits more about my family,i love seeing my daughters face when she gets some sort of new do hickey.even tho she will play with the box more thne the toy the first few days until the box is ruined lol

14. Flyingpig

Flyingpig New Member

State:
    Lakewood, Illinois
    My son Jeremy on December 20th, 1988.

15. rednecksportsman511

rednecksportsman511 New Member

State:
    Birmingham, AL
    id say mine came this year
    its between my new bass setup (yes, i do still bass fish) daiwa triforce rod and daiwa procaster 100hn reel(reel purdy setup)
    either that or my parents lettin me hunt with my buddy owen and his dad ( im leavin in an hour!!!! cant wait!!!!