your a cool dad.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by ncfowler, Dec 26, 2009.

1. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    My son gave me the greatest xmass gift ever, last week I was helping his friend (female) mother and sister move, after some boxes being moved and some looking around they found the new house had some health issues, leaking exhaust form the furnace, and cat poop and pee under the craw space leading into the cellar where the furnace was, so I had to move all the stuff back to the original house, Well after all said and done, I was in out kitchen making a cup of tea and my son came up to me and said dad your cool, total shock! I never thought my son seen me as cool, but I guess as he gets older he sees some things he never saw before, that was the greatest gift he could have ever given to me, my son thinks I'm cool. wow.

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    That is a Big Deal!! and something that most Dad's dream about Congrats, hope I can live it sometime in the future

3. BubbaCat

BubbaCat New Member

State:
    Arizona
  4. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    Thats great Jeff, does feel good don't it? Enjoy it, cherish it, moments like that don't come around too often.

5. shaky

shaky Member

State:
    smithville mo
    awsome post! looking forward to fatherhood, myself.

6. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    You did a good deed Jeff.

My two boys are grown men now and when they something like that to me it does indeed make you fill good.

Thats the thanks we get from them when you raise them the right way,

Good job Jeff!!

7. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Yessir Its a great feeling to be seen as a cool dad,Specially when you've instilled good morals and values in your kids. My niece thinks her mom and dad are cool cause they let her smoke cigs and pot ,and drink beer,That aint cool

8. shaky

shaky Member

State:
    smithville mo
    No, that an't cool at all.

9. shaky

shaky Member

State:
    smithville mo
    My first ride was a 1983 ford single cab 4x4. Bought it for $300. It was dubbed the bondo bandit. The body had puddy around the cab corners and when driveind down the road bondo would fall off when I hit a pot hole. But the four wheel drive worked great. Never got caught in the snow or mud, as long as i wasn't being a bumb a$$.

oops, wrong thread.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2009
  10. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma

Now that right there aint cool,:wink:

11. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    now thats :cool2:

12. SouthGADan

SouthGADan New Member

State:
    Lyons, GA
    When I was younger, I thought that was what made a cool parent, letting your kids do anything. We always called my dad "The No Man", because he said no a lot. But as I grow older, I constantly see the wisdom behind some of the choices my parents made, and realize I really do have "cool" parents.

13. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing New Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    Thats a real big deal Jeff enjoy! These are times that keeps you warm on those cold winter days. Thanks for the post, Brought back great memories. ​

14. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I remember growin up i thought daddy was dumb as a box of hammers. Seems the older i got the smarter he got? Some or most of the things he told me would happen, did happen. My boys are startin to get a little age on them now and i'm gettin a little smarter in their eyes too.:wink: Expecially when their car needs fixed.:smile2::smile2::smile2: