Young teen cattin girls big blue.....

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by Cathooker, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Cathooker

Cathooker New Member

State:
    Ga
    This past Saturday I carried two of my grandaughters, Katie and Lexi, and Katie's friend from Church Liz on an afternoon cattin trip on Lake Chickamauga, Tn. We were only out on the water for about 2 hours but what a trip it was. Liz caught her PB fish of any kind. Liz went with us on our family camping / fishing trip to Harrison Bay State park near Chattanooga. It was a very peaceful and beautiful afternoon. The peace was
    shattered when Liz very calmy mentioned that she thinks she has a fish
    on. I turn around and her rod is bowed over in a deep arc down into the
    water with no sign of letting up. I knew she was not hung because the
    cat was dancing the rod with huge head shakes. I told her to get the
    rod out of the holder and fight it as I had instructed. She could not get it out of the holder so I got it out for her. I knew right away that she was into a good one as it was peeling line out. She struggled until she could hardly turn the reel handle. I keep telling her over and over to "PUMP IT UP and REEL DOWN". After several minutes it started coming up. Then it went right back down. A pontoon boat load of sightseers came slowly by, saw her struggle, stopped to watch and cheer her on. After several more minutes the 34lb hog of a catfish rolled up and there was OH MY LORD squeals from LIz and Katie that you could hear for a mile. Her cheering section stared clapping and
    congratulating her. They were taking pictures during the fight and then the
    weigh in. This REALLY made these kids a weekend they will never forget.
    Liz's biggest fish before this had been a small bream. IN the first picture Lexie is on left, Liz in middle and Katie on the right. The second picture is of me and Lexie with a cat that she caught.

Attached Files:

2. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Congratulations to your granddaughter on the new PB HAWG :cool2:! Thanks for getting the kids involed in the outdoors and Hooked On Fishing :cool2:!

3. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    What a great story !!!! Thanks for sharing....I'm willing to bet your still smiling ; )

-Jim-

4. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    YYYYYYYYEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....................WWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    thats the stuff! Is she hooked:wink:
    My hat is off that is some great stuff "CONGRATS TO YER BABY:wink:!

5. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    what he said . tell her congrats too you as well a memory you will never forget . thanx's for share'n .

6. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Thats what its all about right there. Let someone take those memories away. :cool2:

7. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Congratulations, that is what it is all about right there. Those girls will remember that day for the rest of their lives.

8. dieselcat

dieselcat New Member

State:
    Washington, Mis
    that is an awsome story,congratz to your granddaughter and her friends! i'll bet it's a fishing trip with ol'gramps that she'll never forget! I was first introduced to fishing by my grandpa,we had a lot of fun fishing together and a lot of good memories:smile2:

9. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    What a great story Alan. I'll bet the expression on her face, trying to reel that hog in, says a thousand words! Congrats to your granddaughter on her PB. Great job on being the coach. Your the man!!:wink:

10. dieselcat

dieselcat New Member

State:
    Washington, Mis
    Sorry grandaughters and friend

11. OhioRiverCatfisher

OhioRiverCatfisher New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Bet the girls will be talking about this when they get back in school...Great summer story and I am sure you will give her the pic to prove it...bet there is still a smile on your face too Alan!! WAY 2 GO!!!! Congrats

12. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Great job Alan! :cool2: That is one of the best stories I've read in a long time! :big_smile: I wish I could have been watching the whole thing, it sure would have made a great video! :wink:

13. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Thanks for taking the time for these future fishergirls, Looks like a great catch

14. CATFISHING1

CATFISHING1 New Member

State:
    MO.
    You might want to put that hat back on for a little while. you starting to get alittle red on top. lol.

also congrats to her on a nice fish.:wink:

15. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    no better joy than helping a young person get a pb.you da man.

16. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Great job and well written. The way you described everything was like I was reading a novel.

..........and Congradulations to the girls for a very successful fishing trip.:cool2:

17. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    I Love this Story Stuff like this is what makes me love the BOC thank you for sharring

18. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Congrats to her and you. It will never be forgotten!!

19. fmac

fmac New Member

State:
    Indiana
    G R E A T J O B girls

20. mistynadam

mistynadam New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    What a great catch! Congrats to you and the girls. Looks like they had a blast:wink: