Young mother needs some serious prayer.

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by jeremiad, Jul 18, 2007.

1. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Beth, a young woman in our family, has plans on meeting some man that she has met in an online chat room this weekend. She does not know that we are aware of this.

Of course, she does not know this complete stranger, but she thinks she does, I suppose.

Someone close to her "chatted" with the man, pretending to be Beth. The man apparently is from several states away, and from all of the signs, he is definitely up to no good.

Sadly, Beth has a loving husband and a beautiful baby. Why she would trade all of this for a psycho killer (for all we know) is hard to understand. Unfortunately, she pulled a similar stunt several years ago and we're suspecting some deep psychological problem here.

I believe that it is truly a miracle that we found out in time. Please pray that we will have the wisdom to know what to do. Pray for her, too, that she will come to her senses and be able to get the help she needs.

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Prayers are sent, chat rooms can be very dangerous. Glad yall found out about this in time.

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Prayers are sent. May God give you the wisdom to handle this possible nightmare.

4. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Prayers Sent. Wish your family and her the best.

5. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I'm sorry, Joel... that's some scary, difficult stuff.

Praying for wisdom, and protection, and Jesus' own special touch on Beth's heart to turn her in His direction and away from this foolishness.

Carolyn

6. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    Prayers for Beth and you from Tulsa.

Bring her to the BOC chatroom. We know all the "crazy" ones (like me) there, :wink:......

7. fishingbuddie

fishingbuddie New Member

State:
    georgia
    prayers go out from ga and know how this can be it ruined my life in way to many ways

8. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    Is there any way someone can do a background check on the man she is to meet? It only costs 6.88 on line.
    There are sites you can check to see if he is a molestor.
    Invade her privacy, get very involved, do whatever it takes and get all the info you can. I don`t know her relation to you, but if this was my daughter, I would do "whatever" it took.
    It sounds like you have reason to believe he is dangerous. If he is, he is bound to have a track record. Expose him.

9. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    I`m sorry, I got wound up a little because I have daughters and forgot.
    I will be praying very hard for you guys.

10. jeremiad

State:
    Virginia
    Keep on praying...her husband is torn up about this; it's like she's possessed or something, just walking out on him and her baby. I know I'm limited in what I can say, but thanks for your prayers. Tomorrow's a critical day.

11. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Prayers are sent from here. May God bless you all.

12. fisheater

fisheater New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I know this is hard because I've been there. My best friend met a guy on the internet and they met at a bar that I just happened to be the entertainment for the night. He showed up with another guy and when the night was over they both tried to take her for a "walk". I had to intervein and he had to get bloody. I am not a fighter but he was planning to do very bad things we found out later. The point of this story is never trust anyone from a chat room. We will pray for your situation.

13. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I will pray for Beth,and hope that she gets turned around before there is a disaster. I agree totally someone should do some serious digging and stop this man in his tracks if he has a record or is some type of a preditor!~~~~~~Sister Pat:sad2:

14. jeremiad

State:
    Virginia
    Update...

She's safely back, and I believe that it only by prayer that she is.

Now there are a lot of "bills" to pay, if you know what I mean. Continue to keep this family in your prayers.

One note of praise...I was blessed to be able to baptize her husband and her brother-in-law yesterday! Excuse me while I shout a while... :tounge_out:

15. catfishbill33

catfishbill33 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, TN
    Joel,
    Being a pastor,the good news is she is back.The other is you got to rejoice for what God has done.
    Thanks for the up date

16. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Prayers sent from Illinois.

17. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Thoughts and Prayersent from ky.