young bow hunter

Discussion in 'Big Game Hunting' started by shadgutter, Jul 10, 2008.

1. shadgutter

shadgutter New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i have 7 year old boy, want 2 get him some kind of bow 2 shot. is he 2 young, is there a bow out there 4 him? i am a green horn 2 hunten, but i know bow hunten is the way 2 go.

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    look in bowhunter warehouse. They have all kinds of youth bows. heck no he ain't to young. My son was shootin 3D tourneys about that age. Don't push him too hard and make it fun, he'll appreciate it.

3. smitty1963

smitty1963 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Yes I agree make it fun for the boy because if he has good experience at a young age he will become an outstanding shot later on.

4. rivertoon

rivertoon New Member

State:
    kentucky
    This would be great for your son. My son is ten now and he shoots a Mathews Genisus and a Bear Odyssey. Archery is getting big in the schools her in my area. Try a Bass Pro Shop if one is in your area. Good luck with your son and keep him in the outdoors hunting and fishing:big_smile:

5. Zing

Zing New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Welcome to the BOC Larry and get him one that is not to difficult for him to shot and let him get out there with you and practice. Make it fun for him.

6. BailBonds

BailBonds New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Make sure you get him measured for a bow. Proper draw length is critical even for a youth. They outgrow a bow fast. So I'd at least go to a bow shop to get sized. If they don't have anything in your budget then go online. It's a great sport. 3-D tournaments are a super father/son thing to do.