Youghiogheny River

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA RIVERS TALK' started by Dmcsa1201, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Dmcsa1201

Dmcsa1201 New Member

State:
    Shaler/Pit
    Anyone in PA do any fishing in the Yough? Just trying to get a heads up for this upcoming cat season and just fishing in general.:0a36::0a35::wink:

2. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    i live a 100 yards from it. good for channels, no flats in there yet. well i caught one about 17 inches long 2 years ago but that was a first. they just are not in there yet in any kind of numbers. wish they were as it would save me a ton of money on gas if they were.

3. Dmcsa1201

Dmcsa1201 New Member

State:
    Shaler/Pit
    i pass the threw connesville to get up to my stepdads moms place/farm. So i pass the yough on 119. And i was just wanting to know how it was over that way in case i got back up that way.

4. PaJay-p

PaJay-p Guest

Right now there's a hole right below the 119 bridge. There's an old bridge pier there and it's one of the deepest holes in the river. It's decent for walleyes and sauger. In South Connellsvile there's an old dam that holds the most walleyes it probably the best place to fish all year. Below the Pier on 119 about a mile or two are some good holes in the Broadford and Dawson areas. These are mostly walleye and Trout spots in the fall and winter. During the summer most of these places are ruined by swimmers,rafters,kayaks,canoes and anything else that floats. Up this way most of the channel are small ones usually under three pounds. The best thing to do is find out where no one else is and fish chicken livers you can catch quite a few but nothing real big.

5. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    maybe now there is more numbers in there ,they allegedly spread fast according to pa fish and game

6. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    well there is a 25.8 thats in there, don't know how that got there:wink:

7. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    I wish they would spread my way a bit maybe they will if I can help it :0a18: