You will be seeing less and less of Tea

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by teaysvalleyguy, Apr 30, 2006.

1. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I have always had a problem with my weight. When I was in elementary the doc put me on a 800 Calorie a day diet because I was what they called "Hefty". Used to take Slim Fast shakes to school, now, talk about lunch that sucks. (But, probably was not much worse then school lunch now that I think about it, hehehe)

Wrestled 155 in 8th grade, then 189 in 9th, and the rest of High School at 215. Was not hugh but definatly overweight. Big body on a 5' 10" frame.

After HS it has fluxuated from 215-300+. Never really cared, blood pressure was little high but heck, it happens I said.

Been on every diet you can think of, even made up a few of my own. One point I went a week without anything but water, Bacardi and Diet Coke. Had no substance at all, lost 15lbs that week, dont reccomend it though.

Atkins is great, love the diet, just costs a ton of money to be on it. Meat and Cheeses are not cheap by any means.

Was down to 246 in 2000 on a $300 bet at work that I could not lose 60#'s in 6 months.

Still do not have any real health issues that I know of. Blood Pressure was 130/81 last time I was at the doctor, dont have Diabetes that I know of but it runs in the family. But, time for a change.

I have never really had anything to push me other then myself in this dilema, Tea can eat, trust me yall. I can put more down then most. 64oz steak, yeah, did that twice just to eat a free meal and show off. Pizza, better get one for me by myself. $4.00 Value Meals have turned into $5.00 Super Sized Value meals with 2 double cheeseburgers and a apple pie on the side.

So, why do I care now..............Madison Brook Hardbarger.....my 14 month old little girl. This is a reason for a change.

She is growing fast and is very active, I would just assume lay on the couch and let her play with toys rather then take her to park or take her for a walk. Thought to myself, what kind of dad am I??

Tried to play some basketball a week ago and about died from running up and down the court. Stepped on the scale just to see where I was out of curiosity and it said "Err". Scale is rated for up to 300# so talk about getting a lump in my throat. Bought a new scale last week that went up to 330# and I was at 328#. Wow, could not believe what I was seeing.

Could always buy a size bigger, heck, why worry, they make bigger clothes I told myself. But, starting to get harder and harder to find dress clothes that fit right. Those nice BOC shirts that we have, have not ordered any because they would not fit.

So, last Monday I said enough is enough. Wiped out my cupboards of junk food, threw away all things that were no good for me or that would tempt me. Went to store and bought Slim Fast, Skim Milk, Grapes, Apples, Oranges, Apple Chips, Chicken Breast, Salad, Fat free dressing, Turkey Burgers, Diet Pop, Bottled Water......etc, etc, etc

Wife has also cut back with me, we are doing it for Madison and for ourselves. I want to be around for a long time, and at the rate I was going I would be lucky to live past 40.

I have said it before, this is the time to change. But, never had the little one to push me. We are taking walks with Madison at night, and shooting Basketball with the buddies now. Trying to do everything I can to be a little active. Looking for a softball team to join on weekend nights so that will help also.

Just trying to unload my frustration with myself and I am sure I am not alone in this issue. The BOC is a great place to get encouragement and have others root ya on. My goal is to get back to my wrestling weight of 215. That would be great. I know it will take a long time and there will be setbacks but I am hoping to do it and prove it to myself and be around a long time for Madison. I will try and update and if anyone wants to join in then heck, we can report progress and lean on each other.

See yall on the board and you will be seeing less and less of Tea hopefully in the coming months.

2. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

Good luck and I hope you find a plan that works for you.

3. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    good luck tea will be pulling for you my wife lost a lot because she decideed to do it for her so thats what you got to do

4. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    That is good to hear Tea!!! I for one am proud of you for taking the initiative and trying to loose this weight Brother. I wish you the best of luck and I hope to see less of you in the pics you post in the future. It is also great that you realized that Madison is going to be hard to keep up with and want to do little things like going to the park with DADDY!!! Now to just keep pace with her at this age, LOL!!!

5. kbgrillin

kbgrillin New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Tea, I can tell ya that kids play a major part of motivation. I smoked for 18 years and it finally hit me, hey I want to be around when my kids have kids. I want to see them grow up. I know you can do it man. Just set your mind to it. Good luck & I'll be praying for ya. Keep us posted.

6. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

I'm pulling for you Matt. Heck of a post.

7. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Tea... Let's both take a challenge. I just drank my last pop. I too am going to loose some weight. Let's plan on fishing together in 6 months with about 100 LESS total pounds. What do you say?

8. ksutroubleii

ksutroubleii New Member

State:
    New Philadelphia, OH
    Congrats on the decision Tea...You know you have our support. I wish you all the luck but I am positive you will succeed because of your motivation factor. When you need help with temptation or need to bolster your confidence after a setback I want you to know you can count on the Brotherhood.

9. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Tea I wish you the best of luck. And hope you can drop the weight and keep it off.
    I know how it is.Doctors told me to drop 50 lbs. And man its hard to do. I did get down to 218 last spring. But now back to 240. But sure need to get with the program. AS I have heart problems. Had 3 stents in the last 3 years.
    So good luck and I hope I can do the same thing.
    Just think of that little gal and I bet that will be what works for you.
    Pete

10. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    Tea

I wish the best of luck to you! Never give!!!!!!!!! No matter how hard it seems, I know thats a hard thing to do but you've got to believe in yourself.

chris

11. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    I wish you all the luck in this issue Matt.
    Just don't let it get you down in the long run (no pun intended).
    Set your goals and I know you will loose that unwanted weight brother.
    Make sure you cut out those bad carbs and take in the good ones.
    My wife could give you some good clues on this issue also, as she has lost many pounds also and she looks healthier and feels much better.
    If you start getting off track just log in to the BOC and you'll have all the brothers and sisters helping you out.

AL

12. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC
    Tea, wish you nothin but the best! Loseing is hard but other people do it so I know you can, You got the best reason, She needs her daddy there with/for her. just know that you have many pullin for you.

13. Cyclops01

Cyclops01 New Member

State:
    Eden, NC.
    Matt

I'm about 14 hours away from being one week smoke free. No patches or drugs, legal or otherwise, just self commitment. If I can make it a couple more weeks, I join ya in some weight loss. Together, we can do anything.

14. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    :cool2: MAN THAT IS REALLY A COOL THING YOU ARE DOING.JUST KEEP FOCUSED ON YOUR DAUGHTER,SHE WILL BE THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ARE DOING THIS. YOU NAMED SOME OF YOUR DIET ITEMS YOU MIGHT TRY ADDING GRAPEFRUIT TO THE LIST.IT IS SUPPOSE TO BURN UP A LOT OFCALLORIES SO I HAVE HEARD. IF YOU BACK SLIDE JUST LET THE BOC GANG KNOW AND WELL GET YOU BACK ON TRACK. SET A GOAL YOU KNOW YOU CAN REACH IN A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF TIME AND CYCLOPS01 YOU CAN DO IT TOO THE 5 OF MAY WILL BE 5 MONTHS FOR ME NOT SMOKING. SO IF I CAN DO IT ANYONE CAN DO IT. BEST OF LUCK TO BOTH OF YOU.

JUST HANG IN THERE BROTHERS

15. Catmaster

Catmaster New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    Good luck Tea. It takes alot of ambition to do what u are doing and that is great that you are going to challenge yourself with this. Hope it works for ya man. KEEP ON KEEPEN ON

16. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Tea. I have respect for you. Always have. DO a good job. I know you will.

We all worry, part of human nature. Sometimes it gets to one more than others. Support is a good thing. We are all different in many ways. We just got to enjoy life as it is given to us doing our part and giving a care.

Remember one thing. God.
    Aint got to be a preacher, just have heart, faith and all will be ok.
    I wish you and yours the best.

Dano

17. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Keep the faith, Tea and you will do it hands down. I smoked steady for 51 years and quit cold turkey, still want one now and then, but just tell myself I don't need one. Quit drinking after forty years, same thing, lost fifty pounds in 1975 and have kept it off ever since so know you can do it and will be praying for you and the others that have given up smoking, over eating, or drinking.

18. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Sent ya a PM, and I forgot to add that my ol' man eats more now than he did before, so when you get down to fightin' weight you may eat more than you did before, just make sure its the good stuff. Speaking of there are coulple of pounds I could stand to loose, every year I put on my "winter fat" and it never seems to come off! Again best of luck!

Aaron

TA2D

PS Maybe we should have a BOC "Biggest Loser"

19. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Tea,

It amazing how the little ones can motivateus to do things. I have Diabetes & I use to have High Blood Pressure, but if it wasn't for my Grandaughter, Shaina, I would not have start eating right - so:
    I Know you will do it - for the little one.:0010:

Good Luck Tea,
    Bert:cool2:
    (Shaina)

20. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Tea, I will join you on the fight! Consider me a team player with ya.:big_smile: