You wanna see some big catfish?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by tomcat85, Jan 27, 2007.

1. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
  2. Love Them Cats

Love Them Cats New Member

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma
    Thats some nice fish!

Thanks for posting it?

Ken

3. spanishcatman

spanishcatman New Member

State:
    United Kingdom
    Thanks for the post; I think I know that guy. He's a guide operating out of the delta area of the Rio Ebro. The cats are a fair bit smaller than the other reaches of the river, but there are still some great cats to be had it seems...

4. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Nice clip, Tom. Nice fish to.

5. allworknofish

allworknofish New Member

State:
    texas
    thanks for sharing that clip......very interesting. kinda makes me want to take a trip for some of them babys, but hey, god blessed me with good looks, not money:lol:

6. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    yeah they are some good fish im glad i could share it with you guys.

7. HOPPY4

HOPPY4 New Member

State:
    Waldorf MD
  8. Cat King

Cat King New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    thats some nice fish

9. spanishcatman

spanishcatman New Member

State:
    United Kingdom
    Those guys were fishing halibut pellets on the Mar de Aragon at Caspe, which is also part of the Rio Ebro system - just a long way away from the first clip! This kind of fishing is crude in comparison to fly-fishing I guess, but the fish are reluctant to come to the bank and it's fast and furious. At least nobody got pulled off their feet! I was pleased to see that they were using a mat of sorts to protect the fish a little from the rocks. The fish are bigger in Mequinenza, generally, but not so prolific.

10. HOPPY4

HOPPY4 New Member

State:
    Waldorf MD
    spanishcatman, Thank You for the comments! I found myself sitting on the edge of my chair wishing that I could be one of those guys. That is something that I will miss while I am here in the USA. I hope to be abler to fish the Ebro sometime in the near future. By the way, that is a Beautiful fish that you have in your avitar.

HOPPY4

11. Bob R

Bob R New Member

State:
    Woodbridge, VA
    Didnt look very crude to me. It did look like they were having one heck of a good time and that is all that matters!

12. spanishcatman

spanishcatman New Member

State:
    United Kingdom
    Thanks man, it was caught about 15 kilometers upriver from where those guys were fishing in April 06. It was one of the better fish we had (156 pounds) and took a dead 3 pound carp, cut up a bit and fished at the tail end of nice big hole. My brother and me took 46 fish in 3 days on the river, fishing around 6 hours a day - smallest one was 75 pounds. Crazy fishing and a lot of fun!! We had bad backs and no skin left on our knuckles but I can't wait to get back out there in a month or so when the water warms up. If you get a chance to go get in touch with me and I'll try and point you in the right direction. :)

13. HOPPY4

HOPPY4 New Member

State:
    Waldorf MD
    spanishcatman, It will be a Pleasure to hook up with you at some point in the neer future. We are back in the USA for the time being and will mostlikely be here for a while. Our future is not written in stone and we will need to play it by ear. You stay on the board along with Catbuster and we will make it happen. Thank You for the offer and I will Hold You to IT!!!!!!!!!

HOPPY4

14. gowens

gowens New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Those are some big fish. Thanks.

15. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    thanks for sharing tom