You tube music videos.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by kat in the hat, Jun 19, 2007.

1. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Well, I started this thresd for two reasons. For one; I've posted enough youtube videos everwhere else that I think it's time I started one just for that purpose. For second; This video has no lyrics, so I couldn't post it in 'What's your favorite lyrics'. Post ones that YOU like if you wish. It will be fun.

This is Eric Johnson's Cliffs of Dover. I was looking for something else, and stumbled on to this video. This guy is a phenominal guitar player. Seems as though he dropped from radar though.:sad2:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAF2b6fcAQc&mode=related&search=

2. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    That guy is awesome. I'm a Country and BlueGrass Fan but anyone who can make a Guitar talk and is good at I like it!!:big_smile:

3. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
  4. Esox Hunter

Esox Hunter New Member

State:
    Birmingham U.K.
    Hi Matt, Interesting thread:

Ok, I understand what you're doing here (namely sharing MUSIC with the accompanying video), but if I may approach this from a different angle, I'd like to share the following video with you.

Michel Gondry (director, France) is in my honest opinion the nearest thing the world currently has to the greatest director who ever walked, Steven spielberg (once again, jmho). The video is about 8-9 years old & was filmed in NYC. I'm pretty sure most members won't have seen it as it's mild-techno & I know most Americans aren't too keen on that type of music, but I'm asking people to concentrate on the imagination that went into the VIDEO & not the song.

Gondry's big screen contributions (Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind, Human Nature, The Science Of Sleep) are just too weird and unfathomable for me, but his music videos always catch my eye & make me hit the re-wind button. The song's called:

Let Forever Be (Chemical brothers & Noel Gallagher)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?vUJyHEhdszDg

5. Esox Hunter

Esox Hunter New Member

State:
    Birmingham U.K.
    Ok guys:

Dropped a clanger, above link don't connect guys.

When you are connected to youtube, just type in "Let Forever Be" (Chemical brothers)

6. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
  7. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
  8. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
  9. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    OK check this out! At first I was a bit disappointed because I was gonna post the studio version with a cool video, but the video turned out to have a tad of nudity in it, and I had to scrap that idea...BUT this one turned out to be much better anyways because it's probably the best live version of any song that I've ever heard. Better than the studio cut IMO, and the mix is great. And check out that double neck SG!!!:worship::worship:This video is killer, and don't shut it off before the guitar solo is complete. I love it, and I'm not a huge Eagles fan.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGiZWHL6wD0&mode=related&search=

10. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    Gotta love this tune. Just gotta. It's beautiful, and this particular video is cool too. CHECK IT OUT.

11. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

:big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:......Thank you so much Matt! That reminded me of the Eagles "Hotel California" poster I had in my closet as a teenager :lol:. (We weren't allowed to "MAR" up the walls of our rooms!) Awesome, just awesome.....amazing guitars, haunting melody, and kick-butt lyrics IMO. Can ya tell I LUV the Eagles?

12. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    As most of you know I like some weird music at times and coming from me this may seem a bit strange. I like the message in this song and the music ain't to bad either. Tis a little mild for me but here it is!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO7GieoeP3s

13. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Some really good vids thanks. Really like the guy with no arms and someone shouting out for Darrel one of the most underated guitarists of the last 20 years GOD BLESS HIS SOUL.

14. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I really like that song. I never heard it before now.
    I would never have guessed that you were an Everclear fan though.

15. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    JW! Thanks for stoppin by to jam out with us.:cool2:

16. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    :lol::lol::lol::lol: I can't believe you said that, LOL!!! Ol' Dimebag Darrel was good but not great. Randy Rhoads(Ozzy) and, David Gilmore(Pink Floyd) now those are great guitarists!!!

17. catchinghogs

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Yeah but i also watch that everclear vid.

18. catchinghogs

State:
    Pennsylvania
    LIke I said one of the most underated of the last twenty years. He had a style all of his own as did Rhoads every so often someone comes along that is just a special talent.

19. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    On that I can agree, yengvae molmstien(sp) is a great guitar player but he plays with his mind and fingers, so to me it makes himan average guitarist. David Gilmore plays guitear with his Mind, Heart and, fingers, that makes him a great guitarist to me.