You think gas is high, just wait for the sticker shock at the store....

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by SubnetZero, Jun 9, 2008.

1. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    On my way to lake the other day, I seen Field after field COVERED in water. So many bean and corn field with not just standing water, but multiple FEET of water... With corn already being diverted for gas, poor yields all the flooding is gonna do will surely drive our food prices up much higher I would guess...

I'm figuring higher grocery bill for everything across the board...:crazy::angry:

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Sure glad my garden is doing well and we like wild game.:wink: Things are gonna get worse before they get better i'm afraid.:angry:

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I'm gonna blame it all on Al Gore :smile2::smile2::smile2:Might as well,he said Global warmin was gonna consume the earth.

4. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    look closer. aldi's has already raised some things ive noticed. chips cheese and bread have went up there. walmart and krogers have been raising due to the $4 gas. jacks pizza is one. they were $2.75ish a few months ago. krogers now there $3.99. wal mart. $3.24.

its not gonna happen. its happening now. i just bought another 550 .22 rounds. sitting now at 2500. and around 500 12 guage shells from 7 1/2 - 4 shot to slugs. and 200 20 guage bird and slugs.

ill be stock piling from now out. when and if its time to live off the land i dont want to be whiddeling spears.:wink:

and whinchester super speed shot shells. was $3 and change last year. today. $5.24. everythings going up. the 100 round remington game load boxes went up about $2 each.

5. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    i was thinking about getting a new batch of pullets for fresh eggs . i went to the feed store with a buddy of mine last friday and 1 bag of egg pellets and 2 bags of scratch grain was 32.00 dollars.i guess fresh eggs is out at 10 dollars a 50 for feed.

6. Philiagorillia

Philiagorillia New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Im doing the same things myself, i've stocked up for my AR's over the last few years, got plenty for the AK's, 22's and shotguns, and plenty for my .45 and .357 mag. Even put back some basic camping supplies and clothing, never know when something crazy might happen in this world today. I feel its a good investment for myself and my family...

7. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i hear ya. i began raising meat rabbits a couple years ago. feed at big'rs. was 10.99 for 50 lbs. now its $13.29 -50. AND WHOLE OATS WENT FROM AROUND $12 ,,,TODAY. $14.99.:angry: when are ya all ready to march the white house. im in!!!!!!!!11:wink:

yep. in cutting every tree around i can get my hands on. just got a # today for three someone wants cut down. they had a sign at caseys. and ill have several thousand rounds socked up before winter and as long as this keeps going ill be stocking up. i hate to say it but its looking like a downward spiral of the planet. wish i had a way to store gas. ill be needing it for saws and splitter.

8. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    jeremy i am with you on the ammo . i been working on that for a while but i can't disclose amounts. i had a guy tell me you need to stock pile food : my reply is guns and ammo will get food.

9. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    when i was a kid we had 200 doe's at one time. this is when you could butcher them yourself and take them to the safeway or warehouse market and they would buy them from you. i tried raiseing a few rabbits 7 yrs ago and they ate me out of house and home.

10. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I've already noticed prices on the rise here. My husband had been buying oil to fry fish in, & noticed that some if it has jumped as much as $2 a gallon! I've seen it going up in eggs, milk, flour, corn meal....and my favorite vanilla wafers! They went up from $2.50 to $3.28 @ Wallyworld! That's a pretty good jump! Yep, everything's going up but that hourly wage! We hunters & fishermen better be darn grateful that we have the ability to at least come up with some meat!

11. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    yep. some may say were freaking out or jumping the gun.

but IF it happens. ide rather have thousands of rounds and the ability to sustain myself for a while. than taking the handfull of bullets and using them to rob the ones with none.

12. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ya. get to much they come burn ya out like they did at waco. cant have a guy with lots of ammo whan crap hits the fan. they want us defensless. make that vote count. or when we loose the guns then were helpless and cant even hunt to survive.:wink:

13. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I havent shopped at the "name brand" grocery stores in 7 years.
    I shop exclusively at a locally owned IGA. Old store, nothing fancy.
    One brother owns one in Four Oaks, the other brother one in Smithfield.
    Whole pork loins For 8 bucks 10 cans of corn for 5 bucks. 10 pounds of leg quarters for 49 cents pound sometimes 29 cents a pounds for whole fryers. I can get 8 cut up chickens for 19 bucks. 3 liter store brand cokes for a buck 19.
    I usually get a "meatbox" once a month.
    I pull the meats out of the case I want and they add them up. Ususally I get a 100 dollar meat box. They take it back and box it all up and throw more meats into it for buying bulk.
    I usually come out with 130 dollars of meat for 100 bucks.
    I can get a 25 dollar meat box or a 500 dollar. I pick the amount. Any amount.

I dont do Walmart groceries, Food Lion, or any of the other chains. The savings are right here at home in a locally owned store. I NEVER CHAIN SHOP FOR GROCERIES.

14. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv

meats. i do krogers. anything on sale lol. thats what we eat 1-2 times a week and deer, fish, rabbits in between. but snacks like pepper poppers bread sticks and such are much cheaper here at wally. and there brand of hot pocket snacks ect compare to aldis prices.

i do hit my local owned igas in clinton, lincoln, and heyworth often though too. they do have good specials. i got new york strips for $3.99 last year. and jacks pizzas once for $1.05.

15. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Don't forget to stock up on canning lids and jar rubbers. Home canning can save a lot. Canning meat/game is easy with a pressure cooker. We always can a lot of beef when we butcher, Ill be canning salmon this fall.

16. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY

I had no idea jars used rubbers.:wink: Seems to me if ya didn't use them ya would have more jars.:cool2:

17. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    :eek:oooh::roll_eyes::eek:oooh:

:smile2::smile2::smile2:

The old 100 year old glass topped, wire clamped ones take rubbers. LOL I have picked up some of those old jars at auctions and they are neat. Everything you can in them could be used as decoration, as they look nice just sitting out.

You can get those rubbers at Ace Hardware. lol

:smile2::smile2::smile2:

18. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    We buy sale items and gas at Kroger. Also get 10 cents off on gas fill up for spending $100 on groceries. Normally 3 cents off with their free shopping card and their gas is usually the lowest.
    For the remainder items, we buy at Walmart.

For those that use Discover cash back cards, you will be able to get 5% cash back on gas and hotels during July, August and September.

19. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    as they say "we can skin a buck and we can run a trotline, and a country boy can survive"

20. rich-online

rich-online New Member

State:
    California