You probably wont believe it

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by jerseycat9, May 20, 2006.

1. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    i read an old thread tonight about sharing outdoor expieriences.Once upon atime(last year)i was working in elizabeth N.J.(plumber)and took a walk to the corner deli to get smokes and i walked past a sewer drain and seen the strangest coolest thing i have ever seen there were two racoons one was holding the othe by byhis legs wile the other let his front feet into the current next thing you know this little coon pulls up about a 20in. striper i almost messed myself i had to run back to the house to get my partner and showem or know one would ever believe it.as it turns out when some rivers flood in this area the sewers back up and young stripers sometimes use them for current breaks maybe ive been goin bout fishin all wrong

2. Fry Guy

Fry Guy New Member

State:
    Warrensburg Missouri
    That's crazy. Sounds like those racoons had better luck than I usually do.

3. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I think I will stop buying fishing gear and just get me a trained coon or two.

4. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    That is crazy! Amazing how animals can improvise to the enviroment around them.

5. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    im having childhood flashbacks with this one!! my brother taught me to fish when i was 4. i dont remember how old i was at the time but i was real gulable at the time. he was telling me about how alot of people would flush fish down the toilet and theyd grow up big in the sewers. so being the good fisherman i was, i grabbed by pole squirted some berkley scent stuff on a hook and flushed it with something for bait (cant remember) down the toilet. after awhile mom comes into the bathroom looking for me cause usually if im home and quiet, somethings wrong. lol needless to say, mom and I and my brother had to have a "talk". from the sounds of your experience he was right after all.

6. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Priceless part of growin up scott thanks

7. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    OH sorry forgot to mention they are storm sewers for run off

8. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Hey Scott, The reason you didn't catch anything in the toilet was that you forgot to flush it "twice" to get the bait down to where the fish are! lol:big_smile:

9. PACAF

PACAF New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Got my rig ready, two flushes you said? Ready for a night of fishing. LOL

10. Spongiform

Spongiform New Member

State:
    Virginia
    My dad used to have a saying about fishing in the toilet. Went fishing for Toilet Trout but only caught Brown Crappie.

:tounge_out:

11. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Great story,that will be something you will always remember!