You Might Be A Redneck If.... Whats In Your Front Yard?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by H2O Mellon, Mar 8, 2008.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    We've all heard the stories (thanks to Jeff Foxworthy) of a guy (redneck) finding a car in his front yard after he mowed his gras...... Well, let's hear it, what do all of you rednecks have in your front yard?

Me: I have a cast net that has been laying next to my front gate for months. Why, I have no idea. I walk past it every day, my 3 kids walk past it and my wife walk past it. I think there is also the same cooler laying there since May!

I'd take a pic but right now they are under a 4 foot snow bank. :confused2:

2. melstangman1967

melstangman1967 New Member

State:
    missouri
    there was also one you might be a redneck if people come by and think you are having a yard sale

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Dang this is gonna leave a mark. Believe it or not i just picked up an ole cast net last week i had tossed beside the flower bed. Then theres the ole white tub i fish from in one drive way and across the yard sits a bass boat in the other drive way. Good thing my front yard is fenced off and is also a driveway:eek:oooh: Of course around my storage shed you'll find all kinds of stuff. Coolers, weights, noodles, and various other junk.

4. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I've got a whole lot of bushes that need trimming, a ford diesel with a broken flexplate and a camaro on jackstands getting the transmission swapped out. i figure my neighbors wanna say something but they are skeered...lol :wink::smile2:

5. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    LMAO, my yard is neat and tidy compared to some in the neighborhood.:smile2:

6. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I usually try to keep a neat yard, but sometimes projects get backed up on me...:confused2:

7. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
  8. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Heck Mellon never even mows his grass...I think he just lets it die down every winter:eek:oooh:

9. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Well I live 800 feet off of the road, back of a woods, so no one can see my junk. LOL Down by my shop, I have at least 300 empty propane bottles, waiting for warm weather so I can get my crusher going and get rid of them. Several air conditioners and other assorted scrap. lol looking out the front window I see several bird feeders, my Bolens lawn tractor with trailer, my truck, boys spinning metal rifle target. Dog house , picnic table, table saw by the wood shed.

I don't feel real bad as the guy that bought the 10 acres next to my place has me beat. I can see several dump trucks and a 35' cabin crusier on a trailer, his yellow Dodge pick up just from my computer window. lol When summer comes his junk is hid, can't see threw the woods. lol

I'm starting to feel like a REDNECK and I always thought I was a Hoosier. lol

10. Catwagon

Catwagon New Member

State:
    Justin, TX
    I'm an upwardly mobile redneck so my stuff is in the backyard. Well, there is a boat next to the street. No, it's not for sale I just parked it there because there's no room anywhere else.

In my backyard I have an 18 foot starcraft with a busted transom thanks to the 150 merc sitting on it. Several old two line johnnyrude tanks, seven boat motors in various states of repair, 75 cinder blocks, an unknown amout of roofing rubber (never know when you'll need some), a twelve foot stainless table for cleaning fish, an unknown amount of aluminum cans and other sellable scrap, a huge metal bin that I got for who knows what, 800-900 cinder squares that I scraped from somewhere to build a patio three years ago, a headache rack for a pickup, old glass panels that I was going to build a greenhouse with several years ago, a potty chair I haven't thrown away yet but is still nice to sit on while watching the sunset, A pallet, a wheelbarrow with a broken tub, a weedeater I haven't used in five years that's locked up tight but still looks new, lord knows how many plastic buckets that have frozen and broken, tomato cages that are all rusted together but still usable, trailer wheels and tires that the garbage men won't pick up, a trash can with no bottom that the garbage men also won't take, used house carpet for a boat that I never put in, sash weights that I'll never use but were too cool to pass up, a rake with a broken handle but the head is still good, 5/8 inch plastic panels that i was going to make a soap mold with, two life preservers that are so old the harnesses have rotted off but the foam is still good so I was going to shove it in a cavilty on my boat for extra floatation, parts of some old cabinets I was going to cut down and build a work bench from, but now they're warped all to heck, styrofoam boxes like you get frozen meat from that were also too cool to throw away, a 600 foot spool of 21 connector phone line on a 3 foot wood reel, a driveshaft from a '71 Ford truck, various legnths of that crapy yellow poly rope and to top it all off, a complete four wheel drive chassis for an old Ford truck.

Yeah baby, top that.....

11. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    dang Catwagon that IS A YARD SALE Thats all good stuff.
    smokey

12. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Most of my Halloween decorations are still in the yard!:eek:oooh:
    The tombstones are not up, but still laying on the ground beside the house. Walk past em every day and aint bothered to put them in the shed yet.

Other than that....a bbq grill, a cooler, 3 bicycles, large pet taxi, & a kitchen chair.:big_smile:

13. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    Well I live in a neighborhood so I have to be a little modist. I just push it in the woods:big_smile:. Got a work truck and trailer, another trailer with 3 flats. Few tires neatly tucked under some leaves. Two 5 gallon buckets used for oil changes. A propane lantern under the willow for what I couldn't tell you. Been there a few years. Couple of latters under the front porch with assorted tools, neatly hidden by the shrubs:wink:, and a forever complainig wife telling me to clean it all up. The worse stuffs out back:smile2:

14. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    I dont have too much in the yard, I got the hose running from the house spicket to the garage, always got to have fresh water for the bait tank..And one of those 3 foot deep pools that expands when you fill it is laying in my yard we had a windstorm come through a while back that totally ripped it down..SO there is also a filter and a ladder.

15. Jerry60k

Jerry60k New Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    Well if its not bad enough I live in WV but I also live in a trailer park but hey its within 75 yards to the river.

I have an old pickup toolbox 3 50 gal soap drums bout 50-75 ft of 1 inch hemp spinning rope,an old grilled + full beauty rim hubcap set for a 86 Dodge D50.Various motor parts for said truck.Busted 5 gallon buckets,1 castnet 2 baitbuckets,1 fiberglass topper again for said truck.

Not to mention 4 bicycles a weight bench + weights.We workout only when its nice out lol.

16. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    kat-tamer. i dont stake mine down. i put up holiday decorations and the wind puts them away. just a heads up for next season.:smile2:

17. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    is you name donny baker????????:smile2: i swear to god it is.

18. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Ok guilt set in along with my wife's naggin. Yesterday i tore the dawg pen down and give the wire to a neighbor who is currently haulin scrap iorn. Actually i told him yesterday i was takin pics of the loaded trailor sittin in his yard and let ya'll make the decision.:wink: He's a member here and i think i'll wait till he's walkin those cockers in his flowerdy pj's and post it.:cool2: He's a big guy and if ya'll don't see me again, please report to the authorities. Foul Play:embarassed:

19. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Thanks Neighbors!
    I feel so much better about my front yard now! My two boats and a battery don't hardly count.

Just don't look in the back yard!:wink:

Instead of cleaning it up, I fenced in the back yard mess with privacy panels and floored it with old carpet to defeat the weeds.:big_smile:

20. morpheous179

morpheous179 New Member

State:
    kansas
    Well I don't have a drive way, but my truck does look good in the front yard. Along with the make shift pond I also have and the coolers and bag chairs that are sittin there waiting for the weather to get better.