You Know You Live In Hooterville

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Katmandeux, Dec 21, 2007.

1. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    ...when you walk into the beauty shop to buy Christmas gift cards, covered in deer blood, and nobody bats an eye.:smile2:

I love this place.

2. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Dave. Amazing in this day and age ain't it? The little burg I am associated with is the same way. In addition, either boots, jeans or coveralls covered with cow manure or hog manure is the De Regor (sp?). Had some friends come out from Chicago to visit. Had known them for 20 years. Never had been to this kind of environment before. They could not believe it nor get over it. I loved it. They have never been back since. LOL

Your signature is cool. Was that a while back from one of PeeWee's witticisms?

3. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    If I were to do that here in Allentown, by the time I get to my car I'd have some splainin to do with the local fuzz and if I cant produce some deer evidence, Im going downtown.

4. Catwagon

Catwagon New Member

State:
    Justin, TX
    It's like that here too. Nothing odd about seeing a dead deer or two hanging out of the back of the truck at the local Wally world. Everyone passes by without even a second glance except that the ladies and kids try not to step in the blood running down the parking lot. It's just how things are here.

Geeze I love my small country town. There's not a big city in the world that can hold a candle to simple, friendly little towns like this.

5. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
  6. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Bumpity bump, bump, bump!:smile2:

7. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    ......you forget to pay for gas on the way to the river and the lady at the gas station reminds you when you stop in on the way home from fishing.

"Course I didn't call the law, I knew it was you and I know you stop every time on your way back from the river for a soda and candy for your boy" She knew I wasn't stealing, just air-headed from being a hurry to go fishing......

.......anything in the front yard is generally for sale, sign on it or not.

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    You got to love the small town wisdom.I hope it never changes.:smile2:

9. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Small town America is great,The town I live in is about 900 in Population. nice except for the little peyton place crap that goes on here :smile2:folks trade wives as regular as sox some years :confused2:

10. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    when i ran off & forgot to pay for gas they just called my stepson's dad cuz they knew who he was, he got a hold of my boy & we stopped in & payed on the way back!!!! No big deal!!!I love it-that's why i drive an hour to the city to work, the guys are like "Why do u drive so far to work?move closer", then i say "It takes u an hour to get across town in traffic, by that time i've already stopped for 2 (drinks) and got home"!!!!

11. baptistpreach

baptistpreach New Member

State:
    Oklahoma!
    2 Ways I can testify to:

1. People wave at each other as they drive by, even if they don't know them

2. Wives are sitting in the "middle" of the bench seat closest to their husbands in the truck, just to be close to him.
    Honestly, I've never seen it before I moved to Weatherford, and I see it all the time now!
    I like it!

12. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I grew up in a small town in southern california, actually about 5 miles from the Rose Bowl. It was not unusual for someone to have a deer at my buddys butcher shop being processed. Could have done at home but was cooler to do it there and get a picture put on the wall. I was spoiled as a kid, not spoiled as being rich, in other ways. I could legally bowhunt deer about 1000 yards from my house, I had trout in a stream about 6-7 miles from home, mountain quail about 15 minutes from home. The ocean was 30 minutes away. I could go to the desert and hunt desert quail, dove, pheaseant, cottontail in 30 minutes. I also had major lakes within 30 minutes, Lake Castaic, Piru, Pyramid...Any lookers just google La Crescenta, California.

13. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    Living in a small town is great! Where else can you walk to someone in a store parking lot that has a deer in the back of his truck and go to talking to him about deer hunting for an hour before you find out one or the others name. First thing you know there will be 4 or 5 standing around talking about hunting.