You know what really grinds my gears....

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by brewfish, Feb 8, 2008.

1. brewfish

brewfish New Member

State:
    fl
    Well tax time is it for me right now. This is the 3rd year in a row now that I’ve owed Uncle Sam money. There’s nothing better than having the hassle of doing your taxes only to find out you owe the government another six hundred dollars. I have a boat project that won’t get completed until next year at the pace I’m going now.

The thing that really grinds my gears is the realization that I will more than likely need to get a second job just so I can have enough coin to get the boat done before summer time comes. I already have to sometimes work nights and part of my weekends (with no extra pay, gotta love being salary) for my current job and now I’m going to have to take a second job washing dishes or some other BS in what little spare time I have just to have a little spending money?!? This totally sux!!

Every time I see a picture of a monster cat that was just caught I jones *just* a little bit harder, so in the end after I’m done pissing & moaning I’ll just suck it up and do it.

So what really grinds your gears?

2. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    you what really grinds my gears. there are 7 thousand people in line at Wal Mart and there are only 4 registers open. and then there are 18 workers standing around, talking and laughing about it. when you ask them to open some more registers they look at you crazy like and then you realize, THEY DONT SPEAK ENGLISH!!!!!!!!

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY

Do what I do, Just leave the cart rite there or throw the stuff on the floor. "FEELS REAL GOOD"

4. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I will work three jobs, I will learn Spanish, I will have my neighbor catch fish for me, Uncle Sam can have my house. I will even join the military.

What I need desperately is a cure for menopause. Hormone cures, guns, knives, ropes God it never ends, there has to be cure. If I find an 18 year old now, at my age maybe I will be dead when she starts.

ARGGGGGh, choke, cry. God.

5. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    -Walking into walmart and needing my side arm and a translator to understand what anyone else in there is saying!

-The lack of pricetags on stuff in walmart or kmart so if some idiot didnt put it back right, I have to have a price check done.

-the guy i just talked to that has our unlimited local & long distance calling & wondered why he cant call ireland (can you say international?)

-The dead beats that I talk to everyday at work. Heres a clue...if you dont pay your cable bills, dont expect to keep your cable on. Once you pay your bill, your not special, dont expect to be reconnected the same day. why should you not wait for an appnt like new & existing customers do? Dont cry about what your going to tell your kids when you loose your tv service because you were unemployed for 6 months and never paid the bill. Heres an idea, take a junk job till you get a real one. Even better yet, while doing so, cut back on your level of service to help keep your debt down till your back on your feet.

-the tv set is not supposed to be an electronic baby sitter. be a parent. Play & read to your children. be a part of their lives not just the one that feeds them and drives them places. reading is fundamental. Take them out to play. teach them what things are, why they are and their role in the world. wonder why your kids fat? They're not big boned....its because they sit in front of the tv set all day instead of going out to play, unless your dr. told you they have a hyperactive gland.

6. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I hear you Joey. I just start pushing my cart to the door like im leaving. When they stop me i ack like im retarded then they open a register right up for me lol.

7. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    John,

If you think it's hard to put up with, believe me, it's NOTHING, compared to going thru it. One good reason I can think of to be thankful to be a male.

Hopefully, I can hang onto what's left of my sanity, until it's over!

Brewfish,

If you get the 600 from Bush, then you will break even. Ain't life grand?

Hang in there.

Cheryl

8. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    What gets me is the self check out lines. If I got a do it myself, why cant I get a discount
    It should read, save 20% by using self check out lines.:roll_eyes:

9. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    walmart-- the real life enactment of "death of a salesman".

i here ya on the taxes. for the last 3 years (soon to be 4) i have owed just enough money to get a second job for awhile. it doesnt totally make sense to me. being as i dont make that much money. hopefully this year i will have squirrelled enough away during the year to live cheap a few weeks, pay unka sam, and not have to get a second job. we will see.

10. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    No offense brothers, but how are y'all filing that you end up owing $$? I always file 0 so they take the most out. The only time I ever owed was a dollar to the state.

11. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Gotta agree I File Married 6 and then claim 4 when doing the actual filing and I usually get 2-3 grand back

12. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    i have tried several things at the advice of cpa's tax pro.'s family advice etc.

last year me and Amy both filed 0 at work and i had an extra percentage taken out of each check. it helped, we only owed about a grand last year. this year is about the same. we have even tried filing seperate, joint, you name it. i guess we just fall into one of those cracks...

13. tigger_tat_55

tigger_tat_55 New Member

State:
    cali
    having to buy stuff from china,

what happened to "made in the USA"

:sad2:

14. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    Two things pi$$ me off to no end.

First is the aggressive idiot driver in heavy traffic. He will stop at nothing to find a way around...refuses to look before changing lanes...and doesn't signal...ever.

The other is cellphones in a movie theatre...in the bedroom...or in my boat.

It's ok to have them with you...just turn the SOB's off!! For gods sake...how did we ever survive before cell phones?? :roll_eyes:

15. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Gotta agree with this I hate when Im trying to post on the BOC doing 80 on my PDA and people wont give me the right of way :smile2::eek:oooh::crazy:

16. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Look at the bright side, next year, you'll have a dependent. :big_smile:

Didn't you buy a house, recently? Donate to charity---get receipts.

17. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I hear ya all loud and clear,I'm kinda in a nasty mood myself.John as far as menopause is concerned I totally agree with Sister Cheryl. If there was a cure I'd be one of the first in line to see what it was and how to take it. As far as never having enough money, I hear that too!! Too loud and Too clear. Gas prices are so high,by the time you fill the tank or tanks,then ya have to park it and drive only when it's a must,otherwise you run out and don't have the $3.00/galleon to fill up with. I remember when it was no big deal if you wanted to just get out and go for a drive,as my neighbor says "Just to blow the stink off" but can't even afford to do that! Oh well such is life I reckon!!:sad2:

18. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro
    What really grinds my gears...

When I ask my husband what he wants for dinner and he says "I don't care"

If that were true, why does he go into butthole mode when I fix the tuna casserole?

I've learned to respond with "I don't have any 'I don't care'" But I bet I can find it in the drivethrough down the road.

19. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    IT REALLY DOES SUCK !!!!!!!!!!:sad2::sad2:

20. brewfish

brewfish New Member

State:
    fl
    I claim zero and married and my wife claimed zero & single and we still managed to get shafted this year. I guess i'm just going to divide up the amount i owed this year and have that amount taken from my check each week. I don't know what else to do at this point. :confused2:

As far as cell phones go I almost want to give the resturant owner a high five when i see a large sign in bold letters by the front door stating that patrons caught using cell phones in the dining area will be asked to leave!! Halleluiah amen!!!