You know I've had quite the day today...

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by pk_powell, Oct 4, 2007.

1. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    and it occurred me as Steve and I were sitting in a Truckstop up in Rockport Missouri eating supper that I haven't shared with you all how I feel about each and everyone of you including staff members in a long long time. I was recently in the hospital,I didn't say anything to anyone except to MRR and Coyote1 for awhile cause I didn't want to be a worry to anybody. I swelled up with fluid rapidly gaining 19 pounds. It freaked my Nurse Practionioner out and by the time I got home I was getting short of breath. I am an exparamedic so I knew not to waste anymore time when my breathing started bothering me.So I went and got my husband and told him we were going to the ER. I laid in the ER all night while they tested and kept wanting to send me home,which I adamantly refused. I said to them, "Look at me, I'm blowed up like a huge balloon all over,I'm not going home,you are going to figure this out and tell me what my body is doing." There response, "We are concerned that you need to be at home with your husband and daughters,and we are very concerned that your insurance will not pay for a hospital stay." I half raised myself up off the ER bed,pointed my finger at this young male doctor(whom I found out later was a pediatrition,baby doctor,and who had a name I could not pronounce) and told him, "I will deal with my insurance,you fix my body."
    His response " We in Modern Medicine don't have all the answers and sometimes never do." That's beside the point, I wasn't going home blowed up all over like a big balloon. Well while in there of course I had alot of time to think, I knew the BOC would wonder where I was,I also at the time was receiving e-mails from a BOC member who would eventually wonder why I wasn't returning the e-mails. The BOC member wasn't MMR it was another Brother. I use the letters ILU to alot of people both men and women here on the BOC because that's how I feel. I'm up to the age now where I know if I'm truly blessed I will have another 20 years on this planet,if I'm super blessed God will give me another 10 on top of that. In raising my teen daughters it has come home to me how really fast time flies.I was 20 years old seems like just yesterday,now I'm 48 years old. Steve is 51,if God wills will be 52 December 23RD. He just had to go in this past Monday and have a procedure called a Cardiac Cathetization from which I just now removed the pressure bandage. His heart looks great from the inside I was thankful to hear this. It took a big load off my shoulders.Let me make myself very clear when I use the letters ILU to any member of this great web site it is not and never will be ment in a bad way. I respect highly the bounderies of marriage and expect the same from anyone else that I deal with. It was communicated to me that using the ILU cause this BOC member to feel I was "coming on to him" I very quickly told them they were flat out dead wrong. Also if I have to watch every word that comes out of my mouth during a general conversation then it is difficult for me to be friends or neighborly with that person in any way. Walking on egg shells to keep from saying the wrong thing is not my cup of tea. Anyway it did occur to me that I haven't told ya all how much ya all mean to me,and well..............ya all mean alot,you all are in my prayers at night. When you guys and gals are hurting I hurt when you're sad I'm sad. Same when you're happy I'm happy. ILU each and everyone of you staff included. You are all family,and I strive to treat you as I would my flesh and blood. In many ways it almost seems like you are flesh and blood. So goodnight my wonderful BOC Brothers and Sisters.Whereever you are whether here or overseas makes no difference,as the ole song goes "He ain't heavy, he's(she's) my Brother (Sister)~~~~~~~~~Pat P.S. I do apologize for the long post!!:big_smile::big_smile::wink::wink:

2. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I apologize since no one is replying I guess I said something in my post that made ya all uncomfortable or something. It wasn't my intention to do so. Kinda funny,cause when I was lookin at this post I guess it was a pop up or some kind of advertizement in Big Blue Letters saying Jesus Christ Loves you. I thought that was kinda unique and different to show up underneath my original post. But I agree wholehearted with it. Ya all have a wonderful afternoon.~~~~~~~Sister Pat:embarassed::confused2::smile2:

3. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    it takes a lot more than you to make me uncomfortable sis.

i hope everything works out for your family and your health.

j.d.

4. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    Hey, sister Pat. When I read your post late last night, I was too tired to type something up if I wanted it to make sense and not be ramblings...lol Anyway, your post wasn't taken as anything wrong. Very thoughtful actually, in my opinion. And finding somebody thoughtful is very hard to do now-a-days...

I am however, conscerned about your medical condition... what WAS it that made you swell up like that? If you don't mind me asking that is... And I know how it feels to have a doctor half a brain cell away from a vegetative state... It's discouraging beyond reason. If it's obvious something's wrong with you, they should've looked into it farther from the beginning. And whether you were living on the streets or in beverly hills, money by law can not prevent you from receiving the medical attention you need in the E.R. Says it right in the papers you signed upon getting there... or should atleast. And yes, I too hope for you another thirty years. Even more if you want.

And please don't worry about it being taken wrong when you say, ILU. If someone thinks YOU are coming onto them, then they obviously don't know you too well. "Sister Pat... probably the most god fearing woman on the boc was hittin' on me big time last night..." Not something said in a serious manner...lol I know there's different meanings to the "ILU" but it's as different as the two words stop and pots. If someone gets them mixed up, they're apparantly backward... or maybe just dislexic...lol

Anyway, you mean a lot to us too, PK. Hope you know that, aswell. And if you're still sick, let us know so your boc family can pray for you. Oh, and by the way... apology not accepted. Your post was just fine. :)

-Red

5. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    There were two doctors assigned to my case,one being a surgeon,because in their words I had a "HOT" Appendix.Well the Surgeon disagreed,however,he still stayed on the case. They run every test they said they could think of and could not find one single reason why I was so full of fluid. I was frightened but I could not let on in front of my family.When you are married Redd with children then you will understand that statement more fully.I was seriously wondering if my heart was giving me problems for the first time. I asked if I had Congestive Heart Failure,cause I was told by one of the techs running a test on me that my feet and legs were so full of fluid that the blood vessels were literally being smashed.I was tested for Blood Clots in my legs none was found,heart was fine,everything checked out ok. I have persistant diarrea even to this day and absolutely no one has even the slightest clue what is going on. I am most relieved that I have not offened folks I never intended that just wanted ya all to know how much I really care about each of you.~~~~~Sister Pat:big_smile:

6. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Thanks Sister Pat for letting us know. My msn was down for the whole day so I wanst able to read your post. Dont worry about us, take care of yourself ! Keep us posted and my prayers are with you.

7. SHARON FLEMING

SHARON FLEMING New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Pat, believe me your post did not offend me, I haven't had much time to post or reply to post all summer, George (poor river boy) is wanting me to spend most of my time at the river with him this summer, so I am hoping to stay at home more this fall and be able to catch up with my BOC family.

Pat if some dingbat doesn't know the difference between ILU and I am IN love with you is not worth worring about.

Hope your health is improving

Sharon

8. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I will not mention names cause I feel I am better than that but this "Dingbat" is a member of our Society. I try very hard to be friendly and helpful and show concern for each of you out there,needless to say I felt like i had the rugs jerked out from underneath me. This person is nice for the most part and I tried to be friendly and neighborly to them and everyone else I have spoken with. A few of ya's have my personal e-mail address,if I didn't trust any of you folks I would not have done that.It just made me feel pretty bad and then my health kinda has went south. Got a phonecall from two different physcians's offices's today telling my husband they now want an MRI of my lumbar Spine. I seem to have something called lipping between my lumbar vertebrae. I have never heard of this before so I suppose they will be calling me Monday to make arrangements for this procedure to be done. If anyone out there knows what they are talking about,the lipping that is please let me know as I have no clue.:confused2:~~~~~~~~Sister Pat

9. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Pat, very sorry to hear about your troubles. When it rains, it pours don't it? I hope they get ya patched up, and ready for some spring fishin'! I believe the "lipping" that they are refering to is arthritic deposits on your lumbar. Sounds painful to me, but doesn't seem to me to corolate with water retention, but hey, I'm not a doctor. The last time I went to the ER, it was for a severe gastro-intestinal disturbance. They did chest x-rays because the Dr. didn't like what he heard in my chest. I wasn't there for chest problems, but they insisted on the x-rays. Never heard any more about them. Guess they just wanted more $. They sent in 4 different Dr.s that all had to be paid seperately of coarse. None of them had any explanations. They put me through a CT scan...still no answers. They wanted ot repeat the process. I said thanks, but no...signed a waiver so I couldn't sue them if I died LOL, and went home to suffer for 2 more weeks. I hope you have the patience to endure the quagmire. I don't. About the 3rd time they asked me if I was a homosexual, I was not very happy at all. Luckily for them, I was in excruciating pain, or they woulda had a fight on their hands. The first time was an honest enough question. I gave them an honest answer. The second, and third time was very insulting. In fact, from the time I entered the ER, nobody there was even remotely polite. Maybe if I were an illegal alien, they woulda treated me better??? Hope ya get better sis!

10. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Homosexuality is not my cup of tea,JMHO but I believe it is perversion. My point is what has sexual preference got to do with a severe gut problem.Kinda like me they still have no answers for me but what does fluid retention have to do with diarrea,I am over the fluid retention the diarrea somedays it's really bad other days it manageable.But I have several days I dare not go out in public,which gets really old after a time.Thank you for your nice comments.~~~~~~~~~~Sister Pat:big_smile::wink:

11. JimmyJonny

State:
    sc
    Pat, I'm sorry to hear the somebody is treating you in this manner. If ya ever want to msn me feel free. Sometimes getting it out makes ya feel better ; ) I hope everything gets better soon and keep us posted. And Matt....lol, nice to see you have some self control. I think after the 3rd time of asking me that question the doctor would need a dentist.

I also am going through a lot myself. I'm 39yrs old and I'm facing a hip replacement. I'm on my 3rd doctor atm and just had a MRA done a month ago. They shot that dye into my hip joint (ouch,ouch,ouch) and found out that the cartilage is worn all the way down to the bone, the fluid sacks are broken. This caused part of the bone to wear out and even caused a hairline fracture. I've been in pain for 20yrs slowly getting worse. I was gonna go back to karate with my 6yr old son but my mom made me see a doctor about my hip pain. I was hoping that the exercise would strengthen the muscles up and lower my pain. Anyway come to find out its caused by a high impact injury. I was hit buy a car on a bike when I was 9yrs old and broke my pelvis (left side). This caused my right hip joint to shift and slowly wear out. I started working summer/after school with dad since I was 11 years old. I was taught to work hard and suck up the pain....and I did for many years. Between that and fighting I'm now destroyed. I feel so bad for mom because so is so worried and lives 10hrs away. I can take my pain better than I can watch her worry. My next step is hip injections, after that we will see. So now the doctor wont let me work and my poor wife is the provider and I'm Mr.Mom, lol. I feel fine atm because I haven't work for so long so that's good. But all in all I honestly don't let it get the best of me, I have to many things to be thankful for. This is why I'm on BoC all day or night, it give me something to do. Good part is that the wife actually makes me go fishing and I know she loves me because she bought me some 50lb PowerPro yesterday ; )

12. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    i hope everything turns out fine sis.. sure do with u werent so blowed up lol

13. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thank you for your post,I say thank you because I am sometimes guilty of sinking down and thinking "Poor Me" when there are others who are suffering such terrible difficulties in life. I hate to hear that you are so young and facing a hip replacement. You gave your age so I shall give mine. I'm 48. I have back and knee trouble,both knee's but I also have a terrible weight problem. I am giving Gastric Bypass serious consideration.The only thing that is holding me back is the insurance companys and it doesn't matter who gives you health insurance they really don't like to pay for this type of surgery. My nephew by marriage just had one done. His insurance Blue Cross and Blue Shield only paid for it because he at 31 yrs of age had diabetes, high blood pressure and while sleeping at night had a condition that caused him to periodically stop breathing during sleep. It's referred to as sleep apnea. Anyway my niece told me their out of pocket expense was $55,000 and BC/BS picked up the rest. Good Grief health care is expensive. Send me a Pm if you would like to exchange e-mail addresses. bless your wife's heart for staying strong and stepping up to the plate and providing for the family. If your wife doesn't mind you emailing another woman as a friend then you may indeed have my e-mail address,but I would want her ok first.~~~Sister Pat:big_smile:

14. JimmyJonny

State:
    sc
    Pat, we appreciate your consideration. The wife is sitting here atm and doesn't mind at all. I will Pm ya my addy. My email addy and IM are listed in my profile for anyone that needs me for any reason, any time ; )

15. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    I'll keep you in my prayers PK. Later Andy