You KC guys got some mean chiggers!

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by big-muddy, Jun 23, 2007.

1. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    i fished clinton lake the other day and didnt catch anything but about 35 chiggers. ive never had em that bad in my life. what are you guys sacrificing people to make em leave you alone?:big_smile:

2. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    This time of year I don't go into the grass outside of my own yard without a little bug spray on the lower legs. The Deet based sprays are pretty much 100% effective against them. It's good to hear that they get to feed on a little foreign blood now and then though, lol. :tounge_out: There isn't too much worse than a bunch of chigger bites.

3. daddio

daddio New Member

State:
    kansas
    sorry about the chiggers but i am glad it wasnt me I hate those dang things i would just as soon take a butt kicking then run into chiggers the last time i went to the woods i had so much spray on i poisoned myself i was sick for three days but i didnt have any bites yeeehaaa

4. Rastus

Rastus Active Member

State:
    North Central, Missouri
    Currently, 23 chigger bites, just under 1 sock, :beated:

5. cubedweller

cubedweller New Member

State:
    MO
    While camping/floating this weekend I got several with a few even between my toes. Apparently they crawled into my shoes in between wearing. Talk about fun! :wink: It must be some kind of sick joke that the only thing that saves you from being torn up by chiggers is the one thing that practically guarantees the fish won't bite.

6. kscatman

kscatman New Member

State:
    LAWRENCE,KS
    I too have more than a dozon bites on each ankle. The ones that are really bothering me are the ones in the crotch area. I'ts all I can do to keep from scatching myself in front of people at work. But as soon as i'm home I can scratch away. Although it seems the more I scratch, the worse it itches. Thats what I get for sitting in the grass at work during break. :crazy: