You have to try Google Earth

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Catfish Killer, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Catfish Killer

Catfish Killer New Member

State:
    Pa.
    This is an awesome program for making maps or scouting waters from above. Best of all its free. http://earth.google.com/ I highly recommend people that are not familiar with it try it if you want to scout unfamiliar river or land. I included pics to I got from google earth to give you an idea of what it dose.

2. bigredsbbq

bigredsbbq New Member

State:
    Illinois
    i second that on google earth it is awsome

3. coolarrow2

coolarrow2 New Member

State:
    Texas
    It is a great site! I wish the pictures were just a little newer of the area I fish and hunt! They are at least 2 years old for my area. The river have re- routed quite a bit and that make a big difference. I use it all the time when I'm headed to a new spot though. Works super if you lake fish!

4. tomnt369

tomnt369 New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I second that. I like the site and tools but the photos are a little outdated. I use it to scan the Red River. I dunno but they should be about ready to make some more shots of the area.

5. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    I for one LOVE google earth. The problem I have with it, is that the area I need to see is in low res. Not able to tell diddly squat about the area.

6. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    ye the only drawback i see are the outdated or low resolution shots. Lol my house is very fuzzy n out of focus as compared to close to a metropolitan center where you can almost count the shingles on the houses.

7. tomnt369

tomnt369 New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I'll crawfish a little and say I really use it a lot on finding the bends and oxbows, they don't change as much over time like the sandbars.

8. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'm gonna have to get broadband! I love google earth, but can't get it on my computer.:sad2:

9. rcneman

rcneman New Member

State:
    TN
    Yep, Googleearth is pretty neat. I used to a couple days ago to look at parts of the cumberland river that i had not fished before then went out and tried some new fishin spots...fun stuff

10. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    Thanks for the link Bill

11. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Great site. I used it to find the doctors office down in Mexico just outside of Yuma, Arizona when I took the little brother down there for stem cell shots. Managed to get him there without any problems. Not even so much as a wrong turn.

12. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    I've never used it but I'm going to download it to try, thanks for the input, sounds like a good thing.

13. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I haven't used the 3d version. I have used Google maps though and they are great. But some areas are all fuzzed out. My entire area where I fish is blurry. If your area is like this, the best solution is http://plasma.nationalgeographic.com/mapmachine/index.html

I found that our area is perfectly clear on this map. Good luck