You have got to see this!!!!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL VIRGINIA TALK' started by Reel_Blues, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    This elderly guy in Mississippi caught this blue cat.They said it was probably the new world record but they didnt weigh it. The mans wife took some photos and the man released it. Some think it was around 150lbs. yet others (cat anglers) say it could have been close to 200lbs. Either way if i catch a fish like that its getting weighed with several witness. And after all of that im going to do exactly what he did and release it. Oh yeah i would also make it known what kind of reels, rods, clothes,boat,motor,hooks,line,etc.ect.ect. that i was using you know just in case one of those manufactures wanted to send me some gear to use:wink:. bigblue1.jpg

bigblue2.jpg

2. Cattledogz

Cattledogz New Member

State:
    NC
    Roger,
    That fish was caught by one of our members. He goes by radish.

you can read all about it on his thread by clicking here.

It was an awesome catch!

3. catchasinredneck

catchasinredneck New Member

State:
    Ohio
    WOW!!!THATS BIG!

NICE I WISH I COUGHT THAT!

4. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Barb king thanks for your post ill check it out. Does anyone know why he didnt weigh it?:crazy::crazy::crazy:

5. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Now i know why it wasnt that he didnt weigh it. It was b/c his scales only went to 100lbs......i would love to have that problem!!

6. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    Wow that looks like a huge fish.

7. Powhatan

Powhatan New Member

State:
    Virginia
    That is incredible. My first thought was that it was fake..you see so much of that on the internet..but after reading the post I am a believer!... what a great fish... how long before they get that big on the James?

8. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    If it's around 125, then I'd say soon if not now. I doubt Archie Gold caught the biggest fish in the river, and that was a year and a half ago.

If you look on the net there are some posts from pretty experienced James River anglers that had fish just run and never stop, or break their poles in half. I think those fish are out there.

9. jwfish

jwfish New Member

State:
    columbus ohio
    You got that right josh there are 100 lb and up fish in the james I just hope I can find one here in a few weeks.From the head on that fish it is at least 130 and up would be my guess what a monster.

10. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    That is a big fish,one day.LOL

11. ITSBIGT

ITSBIGT New Member

State:
    VA
    dang that thing is huge

12. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    wopper !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    It's a shame, really, that a couple of months have passed and this gentleman has not been awarded something! He should have a medal showing up there by his name! :0a34:

14. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Thank you Joel but you know if i never get a medal i would still love this site. To me its the comrodery that makes the BOC the best. thank you again.:wink: