You Guys Have To See This Video

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by vini, Jan 19, 2006.

1. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
  2. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    I received this via e-mail several days ago. It is amazing. Wouldnt be any fun to fish. There would be no challange. Talk about filling up your freezer in about 30 seconds. Any idea as to what type of fish those are?

3. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    Yeah someone just sent it to me also, thought i'd go ahead and post for those who have'nt gotten it .

Sounds like the guy is spanish/hispanic or Italian? no idea what type of fish they are i've heard of flying carp though???

4. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Flying Carp???? I asked a good friend of mine who speaks Spanish to translate it and he says it isnt Spanish. Interseting non the less.

5. snifflucky

snifflucky New Member

State:
    Indiana
    First time for me to see this.

That was amazing!! I've seen fish follow lights before, but never jump like that.

6. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Thats too funny.
    It is not spanish, I am fluent in spanish. The guy sounds like he is speaking cajun.

Jaime

7. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Yes I believe you are right about the cajun part and I think what you are seeing in the video is "Bighead Carp".
    These fish are rapidly becoming a minice to boaters up and down the Mississippi and Misouri rivers. Several people have been put in the hospital by these fish as they reach as much as 50 to 60 pounds and can jump 5 or 6 feet out of the water when spooked. Now imagine you are traveling at say 35mph and you spook some of these fish. What do you think is going to happen when one hits you going that fast?
    These fish also pose a "Big" threat to the eco-systems of the rivers because all they mostly eat is zoaplankton and that is what fry(baby fish) feed one when they are born and up till they can get their first meaty meal.
    This was a great Video and also a warning of things to come i think.

8. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Nope those are no bighead carp the eye's are on the top of there head like a bass. The ugly "flying carp" bighead, silver carp or what ever have there eye's more towards there bottom jaw. Plus those things are dinky. Aint nothing like hitting the river at the right time at night and the water come alive with 20+ carp going every where. They can get some major air too a good 8 foot easy.

9. Cataholic

Cataholic Guest

That's amazing!
    Too bad we cain't get the Skippy's over at Nuclear One to do that.
    Seen a beer commercial years ago where the guy's hollar Fish, In the boat! Hilarious

10. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    My brother inlaw who's Spanish said they sound like Portugese guys...

11. Diego

Diego New Member

State:
    California
    :) LOL!!! Thanks for posting that