You guys have any speculations to how those divers in the aqauduct

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by vini, Feb 10, 2007.

1. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    died?

weird thing is they say there was still air in the tanks of both divers, they were found 30-40 feet from the grills of the intakes so they weren't sucked in. Very strange I wonder if they were electricuted somehow.

Thiois happened several days ago and there still not saying how this happened, look up divers die in aqauduct on google for more news and info.

2. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    I would speculate that they may have gotten bad air. If they were using scuba for work that should have been done with comercial dive gear they may have tried to fill the tanks themselves.

3. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    Maybe so Tom maybe so.

I read where someone was saying they should have been using air from top side and had communication lines going that sure would have helped when they started to get into trouble. I just wonder what there going to find on this, very very unfortunate situation.

4. plumbertom1

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Vini, I'm a certified scuba diver and I wouldn't think of doing the thins they were doing. I have used scuba equip. for repairing the pipe line on some of the docks around S. Ca. but that is working just below the surface on pipes that are not submerged. It's easy to get into trouble while using scuba and one diver in trouble can cause problems for both. Your correct in your statement that they should have been using life lines in that swift water and a surface air supply with communication to a surface crew. that's what I was referring to as commercial gear.

5. fshnutz

fshnutz New Member

State:
    Sacramento California
    I hadn't heard anything about it. It definatley sounds like they weren't prepared for the job.

6. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    Be several weeks before toxocology comes back but it sounds like they did have bad air , theres no other indication of anything else.

7. plumbertom1

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    I wouldn't want to be the one who filled those tanks.