you dumb drunk

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by pitbull1078, Jun 9, 2009.

1. pitbull1078

pitbull1078 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Well I took my son and brother fishing at the Alton Dam tonight and was having a good night. Caught 2 walleye a few gar and myself. Then the fun began this drunk guy comes down and starts moving the poles we had in the water. He said he was looking for crawdads. Well of course I was pissed off not only because he was messing with my pole he almost kicked my sons in the river. So a few words where exchanged after his crawdad bucket was "accidently" kicked in the river. Then he tells my son he saw a snake go under the rock where he was sitting so that ruined the night and left. I hope he is reading this and he realizes what a jerk he is. Some people have no respect. It took everything I had from not kicking him into the water. :angry:

2. j-mack

j-mack New Member

State:
    michigan
    I have had it with the few that ruin it for the rest of us myself. The best thing to do is to just load up the car and move to another spot. That would have ticked me off too and I probably would've decked him but I admire your self-control he wouldn't have been worth the trouble:cool2:

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    And people wonder why! Sorry your nite got ruined. AHHH! The power of alcohol! :cool2:

4. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    lol i was just thinking about what jerks i might run into, when if, i make it to alton dam this week-weekend. well first i was thinking of catching a fish that i would have trouble stoping:big_smile: then the what ifs :angry: and i got all tence and couldnt sleep so i came downstairs for a drink to help me relax:tounge_out:. tough call i usually will make conversation way before someone gets in my comfort zone. drunk or not you shouldnt touch another mans rod :embarassed::crazy::tounge_out::smile2:!!!

5. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    rum's kicking in hey can i come over and bend your pole:smile2::tounge_out::big_smile: i'll let ya bend mine heck i may even let ya fling it:eek:oooh: but ya aint fishing with it! last time i let someone else fish with it they cought a 45#er right were i was fishing:angry: Just Kidding with ya not all drunks are jerks, catfishfever seems pretty darn nice and i dont think ive seen him without a beer in his hands. ok this horse is pretty dead moving on to beat the next one:roll_eyes:

6. Human Resources 31

Human Resources 31 New Member

State:
    Ottawa, Central Illinois
    To bad you werent by yourself lol. You will run into him again maybe along that shore again or at the liquor store lol. You kept your cool because if my 4 year old daughter was there it would have took all of me not to drown him. LOL :wink:

7. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    You showed great restraint Doug....congrats! I dont think I would've been able too. If someone touches my rods....its "ON". I believe the drunk would've gone on the disabled list.:angry:

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Doug you are to be complemented on the restraint you used. Great job brother. The only thing that drunk would have been good for would be a water temperature reader. I would have kicked him in and asked for the temp. reading.:wink:

9. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    i was there erlyer that day wish i had bin there when this hapend i could have distracted your son wile you kicked the drunks a$$ or vice versa i cant stand peple like that no considaration for uthers :angry:

10. Jnagel

Jnagel New Member

State:
    Illinois.
    Props to you my brother. I am not a father myself but i take my 4 & 6 year old nephews with me quite a bit. I applaud you for your actions i dont know if i would of been able to keep my cool with something that disrespectful. But you definately have some good karma comin your way bro( hopefully in the form some of 10lb+ catfish) anyways i respect your restraint.

11. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    thats why i carry boxes of bees :smile2:

12. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Something about water, rivers and lakes draw drunks..I wish they would stay home.

13. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    If it was me . Soon as he touched my pole I would have told him to get the ______ out of here . If he had something stupid to say . He would get busted in his snaggle toothed mouth . I am a real a____hole at time like those . I really love when idiots screw up and set me off . Sorry you couldnt enjoy your self with your son fishing . I hope that guy is up there when I go and messes with my pole . It will be fun .....lol

14. beespringer

beespringer New Member

State:
    sunfish, k
    It just aint right when a man grabs another mans uglystik!:eek:oooh::smile2::smile2:

15. buddyodie

buddyodie New Member

State:
    illinois
    If he messed with my rods he would have been in the river. If he messed with my kid, (or grand kids now) he would have been hit between the runnin' lights and then gone for a swim. Too bad that some people can't handle their liquer and have to make an a$$ of them selves. Some times people who don't drink do the same. Sorry some idiot ruined your time with your son.

16. simpsonese

simpsonese New Member

State:
    Missouri
    There is nothing wrong with having a few drinks while fishing. I always have a cooler of beer with me while i am fishing. But when a drunk thinks he owns the river and thinks he doesnt have to respect others thats anothher thing. I have 2 kids and nothing else makes my blood boil more than when we get a drunk or even a non drunk coming around and disrespecting and cussing and acting a fool. Even when I am without my kids and somebody acts like that around children or other people that dont have the balls to stand up for them selves i make sure to say something. Sorry that their are idiots in this world that make it horrible for the rest.:angry:

17. big riggin' younggun

big riggin' younggun New Member

State:
    Illinois
    sometimes kicking someone into the water will bring them out of a good drunk next time let your foot slip.

18. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Some folks are unbelievable! Glad thats all that happened, if not for your self control things could have went real bad real fast.

19. skeezaveli

skeezaveli New Member

State:
    illinois
    i meant to comment on this earlier....you have way more restraint than me....he'd have found the working end of one of my extra pole holders messing around me and my kid....hell...my son, 9, woulda got in on some of that action...lol...he's got this thing about finding blunt objects laying around to try to even out the age difference

20. beespringer

beespringer New Member

State:
    sunfish, k
    Yeah but kirk even if you had a few tall boys in you.You wouldnt touch another mans uglystick would you:eek:oooh:??Man thats takin it too far