You don't always see this...

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by catman529, Oct 12, 2006.

1. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    It was just an ordinary fishing day. I had my net to harvest bait in the current. A tree had fallen into the middle of the bait harvesting area, and I was out there (can't remeber what I was doing) when I saw something on the tree. A minnow, about 4 inches long, had somehow got caught on the tree - and not a fresh one, but a complete skeleton. I don't know how it got there and stayed without flopping back in, and it showed no signs of being attacked. One thing I can think of is that maybe I was throwing out unused dead bait and it got caught there. I don't know. Pretty interesting find - see the picture below.

minnowbones.jpg

2. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    aint that neet iv got some catfish in the yard that look simalar only much much bigger

3. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    that is wild thanks for shareing

4. 1 cattin dude

1 cattin dude New Member

State:
    Jonesboro, Arkansas
    Maybe it's a young tree bass or a young limb bream.:lol: Just kiddin', there ain't no tellin. It might have had a heart attack when the tree fell!

5. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    thats pretty wierd.hmmmmmmm

6. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    thats cool but kinda odd.

7. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I saw this wierd event on the tube the other day. There are these minnows in the rainforrest, and they spawn in the trees!! The female jumps out of the water an deposits eggs on a leaf, and the male jumps up and fertilizes them. Then for the next 5 days both the fish takes turns splashing water on the eggs till they hatch. Maybe we have these fish here, and one of them got stuck in the tree.

8. StuBone278

StuBone278 New Member

State:
    south central Louisiana
    Crazy...I'm almost positive I caught a 3 inch redfish in my cast-net today.....65 miles upriver from the gulf. But don't be completely surprised, sometimes the river travels backwards when there is a lot of rainfall for some reason and the tides....I'm not sure how, but it does flow backwards sometimes. There have also been stories of people catching sand trout (close to speckle trout but without specks) here in Lafayette in the Vermillion. I wish I woulda taken a picture of it, but the mosquitos were really tearin me up, haha.

9. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thats real interesting, thanks for sharing. I dont know if thats what I found because there just happens to be no rainforest. Thanks for sharing

10. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    This can be explained quite easily, high water + dead fish floating = left on branch when water recides..lol:lol: :big_smile:

11. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Thats pretty cool! Thanks.

12. navigator

navigator New Member

State:
    NC- Brunswick County
    A coon or oppossum could have caught/found it and went out on the tree to eat it.