You could lose the right to own a firearm!

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by tkishkape, Mar 12, 2009.

1. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    I own several firearms and I often carry a concealed weapon.
    I don't want to give up the firearms or lose my license. DO YOU ?
    YOU could lose that right...

Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sale Act of 2009.

Please send this to everybody on your list

Have you got this in your scope?

Very Important for you to be aware of a new bill HR 45 introduced into the House. This is the Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sale Act of 2009.

We just learned yesterday about this on the Peter Boyles radio program. Even gun shop owners didn't know about this because it is flying under the radar.

To find out about this - go to any government website and type in HR 45 or Google HR 45 Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sales Act of 2009. You will get all the information.

Basically this would make it illegal to own a firearm - any rifle with a clip or ANY pistol unless:

•It is registered

•You are fingerprinted

•You supply a current Driver's License

•You supply your Social Security #

•You will submit to a physical & mental evaluation at any time of their choosing

•Each update - change or ownership through private or public sale must be reported and costs $25 - Failure to do so you automatically lose the right to own a firearm and are subject up to a year in jail.

•There is a child provision clause on page 16 section 305 stating a child-access provision. Gun must be locked and inaccessible to any child
    under 18.

They would have the right to come and inspect that you are storing your gun safely away from accessibility to children and fine is punishable for
    up to 5 yrs. in prison.

If you think this is a joke - go to the website and take your pick of many options to read this. It is long and lengthy. But, more and more people
    are becoming aware of this. Pass the word along. Any hunters in your family - pass this along.

Peter Boyles is on this and having guests. Listen to him on KHOW 630 a.m. in the morning. He suggests the best way to fight this is to tell all your friends about it and "spring into action". Also he suggests we all join a pro-gun group like the Colorado Rifle Association, hunting associations, gun clubs and especially the NRA.

This is just a "termite" approach to complete confiscation of guns and disarming of our society to the point we have no defense - chip away a
    little here and there until the goal is accomplished before anyone realizes it.

This is one to act on whether you own a gun or not.

If you take my gun, only the criminal will have one to use against me. HR 45 only makes me/us less safe. After working with convicts for 26 years I know this bill, if passed, would make them happy and in less danger from their victims.

http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h45/show

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-45

2. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    the way i see if is, if guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns? am a right?

3. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    i guess that would make me an outlaw then.:wink:

4. Kip Brandel

Kip Brandel New Member

State:
    Glasgow, Kentuc
    I am SO GLAD I sold ALL of my guns last week!!:wink:

5. Kip Brandel

Kip Brandel New Member

State:
    Glasgow, Kentuc
    Anyone know where to get a bunch of black bandannas and black cowboy hats?

6. whodaman

whodaman New Member

State:
    Des Moines Iowa
    well all we can hope is that it is shot down and i could see it not going anywhere this country has enough problems as it is. let just hope it doesnt get enough votes to pass.If they think they are going to come and take my guns well then i guess im headed to the big house

7. katsandsuds

katsandsuds New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Not only is loosing the right to bear arms a terrible thought, against the constitution no less, but this paves the way for the honest owner to have to open their homes at any time, day or night, for a government thug to march in an inspect you place. It will be their opinion on what is "safe" and what is not, when they do the inspections, on and on and on. I have written my congressmen about this issue as well as others lately.

A quick google search will show you guys how to email or call you congressmen. It is easy to email, only takes a few minutes, and gets your voice heard. I have been emailing about once a week on the ton of issues that I am against, that is being shoved down our throat and so much under the radar. I have never written a congressmen before until this year, now I am a regular.

8. whodaman

whodaman New Member

State:
    Des Moines Iowa
    i agree with brandon i wrote my congressmen asking him not to support this h.r.45 blairs holts firearms licensing and record of sale act of 2009.The guy wrote me back and said that he is a gun owner and a sportsman himself and will stand up for our rights.So thats one congressmen on our side!

9. Jasongonefishing

Jasongonefishing New Member

State:
    McDonough,
    Here is my two cents on this...It is a political B##ll Sh!t contest on this. First guns dont kill people/People kill people..Second they need to be more worried about all the illegal guns that are out there and crack down on those people that carry,sell, or own illegally. Third I was born with the right to own and carry a firearm as long as I am a "Law abiding citizen of the US. No offence to anyone, but we need to focus more on what is happening in our own back yard rather then what is going on in these third world countries....Sorry this just really pisses me off.

10. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Have you noticed how the media is playing up on the drug war in Mexico? Then they show a bunch of guns that have supposedly come from the USA. I for one don't believe a word of it, and believe it is a ploy to sway public sentiment. Anyone purchasing a gun from a legally authorized dealer has to go thru the Governent check. How then are the guns from the USA getting into Mexico unless they are stolen, or they have been approved by the BATF. The weapons I saw on the news looked like state of the art stuff, like fully automatic weapons ect, which the general public can't even get a hold of. All I can say is keep on the lookout, the powers in office are going to make it hurt for a lot of us. Later Andy

11. jedimanhunter

jedimanhunter New Member

State:
    Texas
    I seriously doubt very many peoples guns would be taken via door to door. Whoever would attempt such does not have the resources in my opinion.

It certainly wont be your local police department or Sheriffs office. They will be too busy hiding their own crap to worry about yours hehe besides those guys/girls are your friends your neighbors, your family, your old school classmate or you know someone that is. They are part of your community and share the same fellings as you, went to the same grade school. Heck your parents probably helped raise one or you did yourself.

True enough the boys/gals behind the badge have a job to do and sometime it might not be in your favor but I promise you it has limits.

How long to you think it would take before your phone rang telling you that "They" took ol Joe's guns from him. Then how many people are you going to call.

That would have about as much success as going door to door in a crack neighborhood and expecting to rid the community of dope. HAHA. people in the streets yelling Five-0 two streets over. haha. "They" would get some however the retalliation factor not found in the majority of search warrants would cause "Them" to reconsider their objective.

Now tax that ammo, ban that "assault" rifle which by the way I have never seen one and crank out law suits and new laws bla bla bla are things average Joe has no control over until it comes voting time. The 94 ban came and went, why because we the people made both of those happen through our voices at the polls. If you do not like the current administration then find someone you do and get out there and vote when the time comes. Laws are made, laws are broken and laws are repealed.

Personally I hope the majority of this country is learning a lesson and will once again return to the polls and put the right people in office. Unfortunately we have a long wait and battle. Go vote your concious and join the NRA. Yea that NRA solicitation mail and phone call is annoying at times but its the best defense for all of us.

Thats my .02 and everyone is entitled to it.

12. ar_confederate

ar_confederate New Member

State:
    Minden, Lo
    There was a gathering last December of men and women from the Southern states who drafted some petitions for redress of grievances. One of them was concerning the right to keep and bear arms. I would suggest that you go to the Southern National Congress website, read it and if you agree with the content, print it and send to your state and Federal representatives.

I think that almost everyone on this site would agree with what they have written.