You could be rich...

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by 10IbsBass, May 3, 2009.

1. 10IbsBass

10IbsBass New Member

State:
    AL
    Well, I came in from a review thing on campus and I turned my TV on and Dateline was on with a new show called You Could be Rich. They talked about how each year states collect and hold money that could be yours. All you have to do is claim it. Some of it from estates and other things of that nature. Well, I thought I would just check it out to see(since I am in college and need ever little penny). I searched my dad's name since I figured I wasn't old enough to have any, and his name showed up in Alabama'a database. It says that the State of Alabama has >100 dollars that belongs to him. One of my cousins also has some amount of money on there.

Just thought ya'll might want to check it out and make sure.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30375542/

2. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    We also watched that.

In AR my wife and daughters names are on the list for less than $100. In Texas my name is on the list twice, for less than $50.
    But I doubt the names are really us. :wink:

3. mobigcat

mobigcat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks for the site. Always cool to check that stuff out. I struck out.:angry:

4. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    It is interesting, although the Viriginia site doesn't have the look/feel of the other Virginia Government sites. Makes me suspicious.

This would be a great way to catch criminals...promise to give them all kinds of money, but first they have to reveal where they are...

That kinda sounds like the Nigerian money schemes, too...

5. tnvol

tnvol New Member

State:
    Clarksvill
    Oh I just love to mess with those guys. Whenever I get one of those emails I mess with them bigtime. I've gone back and forth for weeks and weeks stringing them along until they just give up. lol If you ever have an hour to kill, check this place out.

6. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    The state says they owe me $35. I'm a little suspicious to collect. It may be a ruse just to get me to show up to arrest me for some ridiculous reason...:smile2:

7. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Ive seen something like that done on the news. They tell them they won a trip or some lottery and they walk right into some auditorium happy as heck and then clink, clink. LMAO I love that stuff.

8. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I found some family member's names in the ohio list...not for much but Im going to let them know and see how legit this is.

9. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia