You can tell all the fur is sold

Discussion in 'Trapping & Fur Taking' started by cuttingout69, May 30, 2007.

1. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    We no one posting in the trapping thread, you can sure tell season is over.

I have a yankee buddy I have gotten to know on another site coming down to La to do some trapping with me next Feb. He is from In area. This should prove to be a blast, as he has already stated he aint eatin no hot food.

2. King Cat Assasin

King Cat Assasin New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Where at in Indiana? I Know a lot of godd hunting, trapping, and fishing spots in Indiana

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    yep you got that right Michael ,but it wont be long and this thread will be hot again.

4. 223Smitty

223Smitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    There are no good places here to hunt, fish, or trap :big_smile:

Well, from early predictions next seasons fur prices aren't going to be anywhere close to the past season. Couple that woth $3-$3.50 gas prices & things aren't gonna be looking too good for alot of trappers.

Smitty

5. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    sounds like your buddy is ripe for the pickin!:embarassed:

"well it wasn't hot to me."

"my kids eat hotter stuff than that."

"if you eat enough chiles your mouth will cool down."

wish i could see it :lol:

6. yotepeeler

yotepeeler New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Good side to lower fur prices includes lower number of unethical folks out trapping . Note I never called them trappers . Does make getting permission easier too . I need to exspand my line as the wife traps now as well .

7. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

all my fur sold in the last nafa auction except one coyote that was bought back.i cant wait to get out and do it again

8. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    im doing my first season of trapping this comming up season and hoping to do good, hoping to get a few yotes and some racoons, planning on mainly using snares and live traps, and possibly leg traps if i get permission from a landowner next to the land were i trap... it should be fun i still need to buy some stretchers.... planning on buying 1 of each size for coon, and making my own from those dimensions, and the same with the yotes... im excited and ready for the season to start!!!

9. yotepeeler

yotepeeler New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Yeah but the convention season is on now so it may heat back up soon . Won't be long and FF&G will be predicting record prices again LOL . Get your permisson early and make sure to keep your word on what you tell the landowner you will take care of .

ETHICS is to be job one as all trappers reperesent the whole . The voting public is the one that lets us keep trapping .