"You callin' me a cheat!"

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by postbeetle, May 15, 2007.

1. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    sad but true.at a bass toun. weigh in one time the weigh master noticed one mans fish were cold and realy hard.he cut into one and it was still froze.the club wrote leters to all the other clubs and he was black balled.when money inters into the game some one always trys to cut corners.

2. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    That things like this happens. I agree totally with Poisonpits,when money is inplaced into it,seems like there's a few out there that will do whatever they have to do in order to win it. I believe my Husband refers to this as "Pure Greed" I feel it's disgusting.JMHO

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Thanks for sharing the story.

4. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    That kind of thing goes on more then you would think even in local tournaments and it's a shame that only a few of these people cause officials to have to watch everyone as if they are trying to cheat.

5. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Thanks for sharing the story. That is so sad when it comes to money people will do anything. In the old days they would take ya out back.:crazy:

6. slipbobber

slipbobber New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    they had some guys here in ky to just get caught doing thhat as well.. they caught some bass and put them in basket and place them around. some old farm was fishing at his pier and noticed the big bass tied up he called the dnr and they came and hole punched there tail with there marking. and they was at the weight now they face felony charges and a 30000.00 restitution fee. i think on of them eve won a bass boat not for sure.

7. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    It's a shame that people will do things like that. I used to put up $20.00 for the big buck contest at work every year until I found out that a few of the people in it were spotlighting in order to win a lousy $300-400. I haven't entered a money contest since.

8. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    Just goes to show you some will do anything to win.
    Sad but true.

9. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    That sux because that is exactly what keeps me from spending $$$ to enter a tournament only to be beaten by a cheat. I can't waste money on those kinds of odds. I know someone around here that I heavily suspect cheats in catfish tournaments, and I would HATE to end up in a contest with him. It would be cool to enter win, or lose, but when someone weighs in with a 60# fish caught on a zebco33, sorry, but I would raise an eyebrow, and I would get mad. Competitive fishing probably isn't for me anyways.

10. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Took those words right out of my mouth. I know that some folks love that sort of thing, but not me.

I compete only with myself and the fish. Course, I sure wish I would win now an again.

11. bwillaub

bwillaub New Member

State:
    missouri
    I love competitive fishing. Then again.....I love to compete in almost anything. There are gonna be cheaters in every kind of competitive event, especially when money $$ is involved. It's sad and shameful but that is the way some people are. I have played a lot of sports in y lifetime and someone is gonna find a way to cheat at all of them. Whether it's with steroids, loading a bat, or paying players....someone is gonna cheat.

12. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    John thanks for sharing an interesting story. Because of greed and fame this man lost it all. Any word ever spoken on fishing, by this man will return null and void. When he chose to cross the legal line, he chose to change his fishing future. Competition is fun and good when honest fisherman compete for the right reasons. Their are a lot of honest competiers out there. It's good the law was quick to get involved. Thanks for reporting.:big_smile: