You All Will Never Believe This

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by Kojak, Jul 29, 2007.

1. Kojak

Kojak New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Well let me start by saying that the boat I use is my brother in laws. I can use it pretty much whenever I choose. Its an 18' river john with a 65hp motor, however, its not mine:sad2:. I have been talking with my fiance about gettting my own, I told her that I didnt need anything fancy just a medium size john with a running motor. Now remember she doest fish at all. Yesterday we were driving and saw a very nice newer if not new challenger i think it is, could be wrong, bass boat and she said "now that I would go out on". So the purchase plans have changed. She wants to pay off a few credit cards, which wont take long, and buy a very nice larger bass boat that she can sunbathe on while I fish:roll_eyes: and that we can use for other recreation as well. So my spending just a couple thousand on a small john boat just exploded into shopping for my dream boat( cough, cough, her dream boat). So if any of you have suggestions on a midrange boat that fits these purposes let me know. We will be buying a used one and trying(key word) to stay under $10,000, I figured boats are like cars and you get more if you buy used, usually. Anyway just figured I would share my excitement with you all.

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jerred take care of that gal. It's good to fish and enjoy pretty sites at the same time. There is a lot of good used boats on the market , for less than your price listed. Take your time check them out and make a good decision.:smile2:

3. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    Check out the Boston Whaler 130 sport,you can buy new at around 13,000. That's with everthing boat motor & triler. I myself wouldn't ever buy a used boat,in most cases you are just buying someone elses problem. Most of the time ppl only get rid of a boat if they are having trouble with it in one way or another. the 130 sport is a vary nice boat and will float in about 6 inches of water.

4. bigcatmaniac

bigcatmaniac New Member

State:
    California Miss
    Now that is the type of fiance, wife, girlfriend etc, that every man wants. There are many good used boats out on the market, they are just like cars, better off buying used.

Good luck on finding your future boat.

5. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    I am fond of the G3s... I have rammed it into things pretty good and not even a dent :smile2::smile2::smile2:

Saw a guy today who had the War Eagle.. it was 90s.. he said he really likes it and has been good.

I heard from another fisherman complaining about the crap boats Bass Tracker are coming out with. He was not happy about the quality of the aluminum at all.

I don't know much, but just tossing out a couple names that I have heard good and bad about. Good luck!

6. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Fiance? Just be sure that ya ain't puttin a big "GORILLA" on your back to start out married life together.

7. Kojak

Kojak New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Nah no "GORILLAS". When I say Fiance, its more like we are married without the papers. We have lived together for going on 5 yrs, and neither one of us want to get married right now since neither one of us have had very good luck with it in the past. And yeah she is a great woman and pretty much gets me what I want lol. Most of the time more.

Jerred

8. GUNTZ

GUNTZ New Member

State:
    CLEBURNE texas
    JERRED I HAVE A CHAMPION BASS BOAT AND LOVE IT ,I CAN BASS FISH OR GO FOR THOSE BIG WHISKERS,OR TAKE THE BOYS TUBING OR JUST WHAT EVER IT WORKS GREAT FOR EVERYTHING:wink:

9. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    get a good sturdy boat with a motor that can kick, cause you can always hit rend lake on a jon boat, but if you wanted to hit a river or something like the ohio or mississippi you need that extra oomph! plus i know a guy who sunk a 14' jon boat with a 7.5 horse on rend lake in 6 feet of water in a storm which us midwestern boys would call just a little thunderstorm. i have the same size boat with the same size motor:eek:oooh:. if you can afford it, then go big. better safe than sorry.

10. RBBH

RBBH New Member

State:
    illinois
    We fish off of a 20' sea ark. Good Boat.

11. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Good luck in getting the new boat. Sounds like ya got a keeper there.