Yote Calls?

Discussion in 'Trapping & Fur Taking' started by ozzy, Nov 22, 2008.

1. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    So what are you using, electronic or old school call? Myself I have a old lohman "circe" Ive had for years, used to carry it when dove hunting. The yotes would stalk the sheep at a alfalfa farm I used to hunt in Calif, just carried a few slugs in my pocket back then. Now Im really getting into yotes and got the "Primo" Hot Dog, Little Dog, Catnip and Ki Yi.

2. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Don't have a call yet. But planning on getting one. Which one do you like best and and which are most user friendly short of the electronic ones.

3. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Hmmm, I dunno, I always liked Hank Williams,,,,,:big_smile:

4. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    i have a ol'school casette Lohman caller still works pretty darn good .
    i use a few johnny stewart calls as well , i'll use turkey diaphram too whatever i can get a whinny noise out of .i need to update a few call's forsure though . try t stay with the simple calls because some of the prices foe these gadets is outragous !!! i'm head'en out tomorrow bust some dogs i hope !!!

5. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    My favorite for howls, Ki-Yi, and barks by far is the Lil' Dog by primos. the sounds you can get with that are awesome. my favorite for distress sounds (mainly rabbit) is a Flextone Rabbit Call. Its got a rubber body on it and the flexing makes some really convincing sounds. called in a few dogs with it. I cant wait till after deer season so i can coyote hunt. I like it more than deer haha o and i hate electronic calls. not enough volume and not as fun. more of a challenge with mouth calls. cant wait to get my new Savge .243 for coyote either:wink:

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Mike ,I use a circe,and an open reed call by Tally Ho,I just got a new call made byKnight &Hale called Lead Dawg. Its a combo open reed or covered reed in use. You can make rodent squalls ,or yips and howls with it. I'm itchin to try this one.

7. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    any ya'll mess with the predator Quest call's ??

8. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Try a catnip and slip it over a Lil dog bell, now thats some volume. Also try a ki yi over a hot dog bell, cover ya ear on that. Outin the desert ya need VOLUME!

9. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Sounds like a Ki Yi by Primo. I practice in my truck on my way to work. The neighbors like me better that way. LOL

10. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    got an old electronic call. johnny somthing is the brand name. dont know how to work it though :eek:oooh:

11. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Are ya ready or some football....I mean Yotes!! LOL

12. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I've only used distress calls in the past for yotes, cats and fox. Good success but been wanting to try some of the howl/bark etc... calls. You got me thinkin now...need to get after em when deer seasons over :big_smile:

13. Blue Duck

Blue Duck New Member

State:
    Idaho
    I have several hand calls and 2 electronic calls. I like and use them all. I recently upgraded from the Johnny Stewart Preymaster to the new Preymaster PM-4 wireless. I haven't used it much yet but I love the way the remote works with out messing with wires on a speaker. I had a lot of good luck with the old Preymaster and had a lot of sounds for it that also fit in the new caller. Seemed like a logical upgrade. My hand calls are a Herbs Howler, Anderson Hot Dog, Burnham, Circe, Tally Ho, Faulks, Johnny Stewart and a few others probably laying around somewhere (I have been at this a long time). You can't beat a hand call for being easy to carry and use and its simplisity. But its also really nice to use the remote speaker to keep the predators attention off the hunter. Its not uncommon for me to start with a hand call and after the first minute or so to switch to the remote so when they come in they arn't looking for me.