Yo yo's on jugs?

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by BIG BUBBA, Mar 28, 2007.

1. BIG BUBBA

BIG BUBBA New Member

State:
    ARKANSAS
    IS IT A GOOD IDEA TO HOOK UP YOUR YOYO'S ON YOUR JUGS.
    AND HOW MUCH WEIGHT DO YOU USE.
    IBOUGHT SOME JUGS THEY HAVE 2 HOLES ONE ON EACH SIDE DO YOU TIE TWO RIGS ON THEM OR A WEIGHT ON ONE SIDE AND A HOOK ON THE OTHER?

2. Stainless

Stainless Member

State:
    Ft Smith, AR
    I've been jugging for two years and really can't see any reason to waste time with yoyo's on them. I catch plenty of fish with the line tied on one side. Plus with it only being on one side, it will flag when the fish get on them. But to take a guess for having holes on both sides, it may be to tie the jug off say to a tree or something.

3. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Bryan, some years back, a company came out with some jugs that had a built-in yo-yo. My fishing buddy bought several of these, and I never liked their performance as well as my 2-liter soda jugs.

4. Kelmar

Kelmar New Member

State:
    Bixby, Oklahoma
    Hi Bryan,

I have tried yoyo on jugs. I didn't catch any more fish than on standard jugs. Biggest problem I had was the jugs would drift right next to the river bank under brush and tree limbs when the yoyo retracted and no fish. I have to pick jugs up from the back of my boat. Hard to reach up next to the bank.. Give it a try, doing something new is half the fun......

Mark

5. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Seems like the whole purpose of the yo-yo is to have the spring set the hook. It would seem the water would dampen the spring action, decreasing the hook up rate. There are just better places to put yo-yo's.

6. Fireman4c

Fireman4c New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I love my yo-yo fishing and my jug fishing!! When I get ot on the lake I like to stay out there all night and run everything ang keep them sepreated in case I want to move. If you want to get yo-yo's out in the middle of the lake you shoud try putting some pvc pipe in the water to hang your yo-yo's on if it is not to deep!!

7. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    I also think I would set my yoyos some where else:smile2:

8. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Bad Ideal! I would not combine the two. Really see no reason too. Plus, most of your local laws require yo-yo's to be within sight and where you can hear them!

9. Stainless

Stainless Member

State:
    Ft Smith, AR
    I use 3oz sinkers on mine and usually run about 12 ft depth out on the Arkansas River.