Yet another outstanding 3 hour fishing trip

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by richard dunbar, Oct 15, 2009.

1. richard dunbar

richard dunbar New Member

State:
    Washington
    My sons on half day schedule for parent/teacher confrences so we took a few hours yestarday to target the pinks again. If you recall last week we caught 12 in 3 hours between the two of us. Well yestarday was even better. The river is just a 3 min ride from the school so we figured what the heck lets go try for awhile. We got there and it was rainy and nasty with wind but living in Washington you always carry rain gear. We suited up and walked downstream about a 1/4 mile from the last place we did so well. Its a thinner part of the river and moves faster so the salmon just push thru without hanging around. We pitched kastmasters, superdupers, and spoons all silver with single barbless hooks. I hooked the 1st one and it was a doozy. About six pounds and still fresh with sea lice. My son hooked one right on Que and we had a double going on. His was a much nicer fish and huge in humpy standards, a big ole female every bit of 8 lbs. I hav'nt checked what the record is but I'm sure this fish was pretty close. After about 2 hours my rain gear started leaking and I was wet and cold so I went back to the car while Andrew stayed for another hour doing his thing. In the 2 hours I fished I landed 8 and in the 3 hours he fished he landed 11 not counting all the fish we hooked up with but broke off. There were only 2 other people out there with us and they were looking at us like we were stupid because we were using trout poles and they had larger rods designed for salmon. But they were'nt catching even half as much fish as we were because they were using some super duper salmon lure that was supposed to be the next best thing. All our fish that we landed bit and the 2 that the other guys got were snagged, so you tell me. Who's laughing now. Man I love being the new guy

Last edited: Oct 15, 2009
  2. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    sounds like a great time out with the boy rich! keep up the good work!:wink:

3. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    SHOW EM HOW ITS DONE! use them salmon for bait!

4. ammo warrior

ammo warrior Member

State:
    Columbia, MO
    Oh yeah bro, gotta love it. Ain't it great... LOL :big_smile:

5. SouthGADan

SouthGADan New Member

State:
    Lyons, GA
    Sounds like a great trip; I'm glad you and your son had fun.

6. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
  7. countryboy79

countryboy79 New Member

State:
    nc
    That sounds like fun!!!!!!

8. catwhisper

catwhisper New Member

State:
    georgia
    I know being there with your son was better than catching the fish!:big_smile::wink: