Yet again, another Name Change POLL:

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by SkipEye, Aug 7, 2008.

Should Michael Knuckles new screen name be DREDGE?

1. Yes, of course it should!

2. No, we should leave him alone on this one or consider other names also.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Gateway Cats is striving to STAMP OUT unoriginal screen names as of late. Or at the very least honor a deserving individual with a moniker befitting a dastardly deed or mis-step performed publicly.

Let us all consider our newest member Michael Knuckles and his recent faux paus of unknowingly dragging his anchor miles and miles down the river, all the while wondering what could possibly be wrong with the performance of his boat!:smile2:

Here it is in his own words:

O.K.,boys,I forgot to tell you about my trip last Friday.I've had my boat for 3 years now,and this was the first time I talked my wife into going.WE started at Winter Park.Bait was a pain to get,but after about an hour,we were on our way.We fished for an hour before she caught the first one,a channel near two pounds.After another couple hours and many tangled lines and "take me somewhere to pee" stops,we had three small keepers.
    Sharon finally asks me to motor up to the bridges near Valley Park.After arguing with my dad on where to anchor,we fished another hour.You know what came next.Both of my partners have to pee.We finally decide to head back to Winter.After a potty break,I notice my motor missing and running funny.I'm almost out of gas.WE make a mad dash back to the ramp.I can't understand the gas thing.I filled it that morning.It wasn't til I was putting her back on the trailer that I figured out my problem.I drug my anchor all the way back from Valley Park!I'm just glad I didn't burn up my motor.:embarassed: Anyone else ever have a day like this?:roll_eyes:

The name DREDGE was brought up at the Gateway Cats meeting and seemed to meet with great approval.

What do you say folks? Should the name stick?

This is of course a 'friendly' name for Michael so that we may all 'fondly' remember his mishap each and every post that he shall make from here on out!:wink:

2. PTDixieGal

PTDixieGal New Member

State:
    Little Rock, Ar
    I think he should choose his own screen name.

3. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    :0a28::0a19:

mr skipeye didnt have much choice on his screen name !! :smile2::smile2: our little bald buddy hooked him up!!:wink:

4. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    i voted for dredge!! its just fits to well in this case:smile2:

5. Ol Swampy

Ol Swampy New Member

State:
    Festus Mo.
    I think "Dredger" rolls of the tongue a little better:wink:

6. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I hate to laugh but can't help it.:smile2: Lucky the rope didn't get caught or the anchor come flying thru the air.

7. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I'm kinda leaning towards DREDGER also. :smile2:

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I voted for Dredge. He is lucky that rope didn't get caught in the prop. He will never live this down anyway.

9. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I had a boat dealer tell me last year that he had sold a boat to a family and after they took it to the lake called him saying it wouldn't run right and ask him to drive to the ramp and check it out. Get ready this is the fun part:smile2:. He said when he got there that they hadn't taken the boat off the trailer but rather, had unhooked the trailer from the truck. I would think it had considerable DRAG with the trailer still fastened to the boat.:crazy: Loading ramps are about the cheapest form of entertainment i've found. That is unless your in a hurry.

10. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I have on occasion forgot to unstrap the rear straps from the transom. Doesn't take long to dawn on ya somethin aint right.:wink:

John, a couple of weeks ago, I was sure glad I wasn't in a hurry. I saw a great husband/wife fight at the ramp. She backed the van down to the water for him to load the boat. He started hollering at her and so she got out of the van and threw the keys as far into the woods as she could. It took 2 hours and assist from 4 cops to find those keys. I could have sold a lot of popcorn had I had it to sell. Yes, I do believe alcohol was involved. :wink:

11. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    i dont care who you are thats funny.

12. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
  13. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    I knew that post would come back to haunt me!First off,nice to have finally met some of you guys in person.I enjoyed hearing you all giving each other crap.Looking back on my mishap,I'm glad I run a jet.No prop to foul.It's comforting to know I'm no dummer than Bill Dance.Thanks for the poll,Skipeye.Yes,I voted for the change,to remind myself never to admit to something dumb or embarressing in front of you all again.If anyone's heading out of Flamm Saturday,I'll see you on the water.

14. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    I like dredger also sounds a little better!!:smile2:

15. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl

I should have placed DREDGER on the poll too but can't change that now.

State your preference in your post.

Michael, we'll allow you that much to put the 'R' on the end at least.....up to you. :wink:

Welcome to the club.... it gets 'brutal' around here, all in good fun at least.:smile2:

I was the 'first of many victims as you can see from my and the other screen names that are floating around.:smile2:

16. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    I prefer Dredger,if I must choose.Seems the change is inevetable.I didn't like my old name,anyway.:smile2:

17. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    I say leave the poor feller alone. :confused2: :smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

18. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Now Danny Boy, at least his was just anchor rope and not 100 dollars worth of Braided line.. hehehe

19. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    Hey now... I've said it once, and I'll say it again. I was sabatoged!!! Either Mike or Willie, or the both of them working as a team... Didn't want me catching the only fish of the day, so they set it free!!!!

Just kidding. I think I was the mastermind behind Dredge. :smile2: He said he didn't have much of an imagination, so he just used his name while making a screenname. It was only a matter of time before this group came up with an imagitive name for him. :wink: I think it fits just right.

20. PTDixieGal

PTDixieGal New Member

State:
    Little Rock, Ar
    ...he voted for it, 'nuff said.