Yesterdays bullhead fishing.

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by poptart38247, Sep 11, 2007.

1. poptart38247

poptart38247 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yesterday I went bullhead fishing with my dad in a little lake in Clague park, Westlake Ohio. If you want to fish for bullheads this is the lake to go to in my opinion. We caught about 20-30 Bullheads in about 1 and a half or 2 hours.
    The fish ranged in size from 6-12 inches and about 1/2 pound to 2 and 1/2 pounds. Next time I go I'll try to get some pictures of some of my fish and the lake. Also if you like Bass fishing it's a good lake. When I was there something, I don't know if it was a catfish or bass almost ate a whole duck, it got it donw under water but then it got back up.

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    nice to meet you Evan, welcome, to a great site....nice catch...bullheads are a favorite bait for me, and pretty tasty as well...rollo

3. poptart38247

poptart38247 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    thanx, I heard that bullheads taste like mud, I gonna have to try one sometime.

4. chris45601

chris45601 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Welcome to the boc, and nice catches. Theres a post on here which says it depends on where you catch the yellowbellies depends on the tase nice clean moving fresh water good taste, nasty boggie water looking stuff nasty taste

5. lebeaux

lebeaux New Member

State:
    ohio
    Dude, I don't care what bullheads taste like, flatheads love 'em. I can't hardly find any this year though. Sounds like you got a good spot:smile2:

6. wayne1967

wayne1967 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    We've got one in a 55 gal. aqurium. My kids caught it in a creek about 7 years ago. It was about the size of a toad tadpole. He's about a foot long now.

7. lebeaux

lebeaux New Member

State:
    ohio
    I'm bettin' a snapper had hold of that duck. Big ones are known to do that. What were you using to catch those bullheads?

8. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    hey jason, where i live i know of 4 or 5 ponds farm ponds that are full of them. pretty easy to get as well. i try to catch small gills, then cut them into tiny chunks use a small wire hook, couple of split-shots. there you go!! if there aren't many other cat species in there they are fairly easy to get on bottom. my buddy is raising them in his pond for bait purposes. maybe you know some farm ponds that you just don't know there in? just a thought..rollo

9. poptart38247

poptart38247 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hey guys, sorry it toke me so long to reply my internet was down, I was useing night crawlers to catch the Bullheads.

10. poptart38247

poptart38247 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Since I couldn't edit my last post,(time expired) Clauge park is in Westlake Ohio, 10-15 miles west of Cleveland just in case anyone didn't know.
    (sorry for double posting)

11. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    if there was a law for double posting...i would be serving serious time!!! post as much as you want bro! rollo:big_smile:

12. poptart38247

poptart38247 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    All right then that works

13. warmouth

warmouth New Member

State:
    cincy Ohio
    best thing about bull,they are easy to keep alive for big snarly flatheads