Yes, I support my local Humane Society

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by LadyValea1, Oct 5, 2006.

1. LadyValea1

LadyValea1 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Like the SPCA they are non-profit and help rescue dogs, cats..etc..

Its appalling how cruel people can be to mans best friend...I can't watch Animal planets "animal police" you know the show with cruelty officers goin about the city arresting and citing people for cruelty... I do support taking respsonsibilty for your animals. "don't just dump the puppies on the freeway"
    I've seen it happen:sad2:

2. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    thats something that gets me too.
    its too easy to be a careless pet owner.
    and way too often someones unwanted pet becomes anothers unwanted
    pest as in strays attacking kids or strays getting into garbage ,running free to dump anywhere and spread their diseases and worse yet to make more unwanted pests.

i see so many mongrels running loose in the town i work that are
    mange and worm ridden and the people will get a puppy and just let it have free reign outside with the purposeful and honest intent that they are actually doing nothing wrong. no shots ,no vet check ups ,no anything
    its disgusting.

3. LadyValea1

LadyValea1 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    you are so right!:sad2:

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Nothin better and more gratefull than a dog that ya have parolled from a pound. LOL! I've had 2 over the years and they both have been excellent dogs. They come in the house and see a food bowl, rugs, its warm and they say to themselves, "I ain't screwin this gig up! " LOL!

5. Cattledogz

Cattledogz New Member

State:
    NC
    Dang George, there just might be hope for you yet! :lol:

I am proud of you big guy. :wink:

6. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I watched a show called animal cops on TV. Animal planet I think. It was really disturbing the way the animals were treated by their owners and the way they looked.
    Bill

7. greggofish

greggofish New Member

State:
    Holly Springs, NC
    and also as a small burrowing rodent.......

8. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I don't like the way people treat animals, but you will always have people doing it. Why give money to those so called non-profit groups for animals? That is where Peta gets there money to fight sportsman to stop hunting, fishing, and so forth. Here is something that will surprise you, the Target stores is one of the big donaters to peta, so they can fight you on your rights. Check it out if you don't believe.

9. Memphis_Catfish_King

Memphis_Catfish_King New Member

State:
    Memphis,TN
    i all so support our local humane society

10. Ardiva

Ardiva New Member

State:
    Kenai, AK
    We got our present dog from our local Humane Society. He sure has been a winner! lol

11. janton311

janton311 New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Great post.....I hate seeing people abusing animals that can't defend themselves...

12. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    I get 5 to 10 dogs a year from people who dump them on our dirt road. I even seen one get tossed out of a truck that had to be going 30 + mph. some people are just stupid. Yes i support.

13. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I agree.............................I like to see the animals get resued but I don't like to see the mistreatment. It is so easy to treat living animals well, I don't even see how some people can go to sleep knowing their pet hasn't eaten in days or is sick and the owner doesn't care. I would support much tougher punishment for these bad people.

14. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i think it's sh*&^y how people treat their "pets" some of the time, but i can't support anti hunting/fishing organizations like the spca or hsusa. i feel it better to do my part by being a responsible pet owner and encouraging others to do the same.
    i was always one of those folks that would not own a dog unless for its intended purpose. i had my guard dogs (rottweilers) my bird dog (german shorthair) but the wife and i needed a small dog that was tough enough to not get hurt by our young children so they could learn how to treat animals. we settled on a pug. i never thought i could love an ugly little dog like that, but over the years he has become a member of the family, and every bit as loveable as my other more "useful" dogs! we recently got my mother in law a long haired chihuahua, and i can see that little terd going the same way as the pug... there i'm out of the "lap dog closet" and everyone knows, haha.

15. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Im with you Jordan i take good care of my pets but those anti type organizations make my blood boil i have two family 'pets that my sister in law s fam. decided they didnt want 'because they were [ruined], they loved to have thier tummy scrached how dumb they are wonderful housedogs

16. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Just a curious question, but since when is SPCA, or HSUSA anti hunting and fishing? I though they dealt specifically with domestic animals. I could easily be wrong, and I'm not arguing. I'm gonna have to do a background check on these folks now. PETA, beings it's a terrorist organization should be shut down. OK, here's a link to the humane society, and what type of hunting they are against, and I'm sorry, I agree with them on this one. Hunting trapped animals is stupid, and inhumane. I couldn't find any info on SPCA being against hunting at all.http://www.hsus.org/Stop-Canned-Hunts.html

17. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Matt
    I'll have to agree with you .What sport is it to go hunt something that is in an area that it can't get out of. Can't really see any sport to that. I know my dog and cats eat better than I do. At least it seems like it. I know they have me well trained,I want out ,feed me,water me ,pet me but most of all they all say in thier own way Just LOVE Me and I'll do anything for you. Why some idiots can't see that. Myself I think some people need to be treated the same way that thier animals are treated.Guess I'm just an ole softy.

18. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Excellent organization.I support it unofficially.As you already know I'm a huge dog lover.I like cats also but hubby doesn't so I guess we compromise on that one. A week ago, I get a phonecall,it's from my ex landlord. She asks me if I will take one of the puppys that her dog had. She explained the dog had 11 puppys and she had beenable to sell all but two. I said yes,I'll take it,boy or girl.She says it's a boy 3 months old. Now here in lies the kicker. This pup is a purebred blueheeler. His Mother is registered.I have been unable to contact the ex landlord but my husband said if this dog is a purebred and his father is purebred wonder if he is registered.Cause if he is I may have a way in a couple of years Lord Willing to make some extra money. Now the day I get the pup,the lady begins explaining to me that this pup has very rare bloodlines.She points to a white patch on his head and says he has them in various areas of his body.Apparently these marks are referred to as Bentley marks which means he is rare.Now if this true,I have no idea,cause I don't know the first thing about blue heelers.All I have ever known is that they're cattle dogs.He has a yip that I kid you not reminds me very much of a coyote howlin I was told thats normal that how he herds.I got nothin to herd.Except teenagers if ya know what I mean!!! So anyone out there that knows anything about this so called Bentley marks please pm me. I want to register him but A.K.C. says I have to have info on both parents. So what now?:confused2:

19. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I absolutely have no toloration or respect for anyone who abuses animals. Deer and Elk Hunting Hunting period I have no problem with at all but domesticated animals are animals that need to be well taken care of.Which reminds me.Did anyone see the show,I think it was a talk show,where the couple have a full grown horse that stays in the house with them? Apparently the horse is toliet trained and go out when needed but for the most part stays inside with it's owners. Apparently is nuts about speghetti cause she fixed some put it on a plate and the horse slicked it all up. I have seen this twice and both times I am amazed!!! There are no words. Can ya all imagine goin to bed at night with a horse bedded down beside ya on the floor??:lol:

20. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    SPCA and Humane Society. They have many good points that they use to help obtain their overall goals.They have available plans to help everyone become a vegetarian.They believe in "Cage Free"farm animals.I have had a "Cage free" cow and a "Cage Free" horse attack and attempt to kill my toddlers playing in my yard.Had it not been for a loyal child loving Pit Bull German Shepard Cross (which they "refuse to adopt out"as they told me in Savannah Georgia when I tried)My children and I would most likely have been dead or seriously injured.Both of these animals also attacked me and the dog when we went to the children's rescue.My children lived by the grace of God and a ugly dog.I grew up in rural areas handling livestock and have been employed to handle and care for horses and cattle including breeding stock of both which were known to attack people."Stud horses and bulls"do have a reputation for such.It was not a situation of a city boy getting excited over a stray cow or horse.They have their messages written by their experts,telling how clean,smart and wonderful all animals including pigs are.Well they never seem to talk about hogs,which all pigs grow into.They fail to mention why farmers cut the ends of the the tails off of new born pigs.It is because pigs will bite off and eat each others tail where it is small enough.Every hog farmer knows that the Hog that you have fed and petted for years is subject to knock you down and feed on your entrails while you are still alive.Wild hogs in this country are domestic hogs living wild.They are subject to run or attack.A weak or injured human is a meal to a hog.No more,no less.How many of these experts allow their toddlers to play unsupervised with the livestock?About the same number of farmers that do.Now livestock have always been a known way for rural people to hide a murder.They are against caged animals.Well nearly all pet owners and Human parents cage their pets and offspring in one way or another.Cages vary from a inch for some crickets to square miles for elephants.A few of each use chains or leases with collars or a harness.Do you want these animals playing with your children in your yard and laying on the warm highways on cold nights as they did in my youth before fence laws were passed.These animals were caged by law because they killed,crippled and injured people and destroyed property.Domestic and wild animals feed on each other and the food grown for animal and human food.As for furs.Furs are skins.Skins make hats,coats,purses,wallets,shoes,belts for man,woman and industry to operate machinery,plus thousands of other products.Animals are in many products,even chemical mixes and medicines.Some of you may have seen the animal cop episode where a healthy looking dog had the large growths on it and they gave the spiel about confiscating the dog and charging the owner for not having them removed by a vet.This is common on Chinese Char-pei dogs and happened to my wifes beloved "Wrinkles" with regular Vet.care.The vet said "#1=You can cut them off but they will come back and the fatality rate is great"."#2=I can put her to sleep.""Sleep" is what they all say in place of kill."#3=or you can take her home and just keep a eye on her for rub spots or other abnormalities and bring her back if necessary".We found her dead one morning about 4 months later.She appeared happy,healthy and she was loved though she carried around about 12 lbs.of growths to the end.I had our county's brand new animal control officer try to "roust" me about two old skinny dogs living out their last years with 3 fat dogs in my yard.They all were under regular vet care.Had adequate shelter and auto food and waters.He new more than the vet and could "tell that they were abused by riding by."I asked was I also going to jail for my skinny 94 lb.wife"?Some vets believe that loved old dogs can and should live out their old age as long as they can do it with a decent quality of life.I happen to like it for me,tho some people believe that people like me should be put to death and the time and money for care put to better use.So you have the "pay me to kill it for you vets and you have the let it live as long as it is "good for the Pet vets".Many pets are put away at the convenience of the owner.I refuse to do this.Also city folk have often been trained by these groups for animal control.Insist on a full discloser of their funds,fundings and where all of their money goes if you can get it.Do not go by the names of the organizations that some of your donations are sometimes passed along too.I think some in some towns are great run by well meaning people.I have found some that I find shameful and I consider dishonest by my beliefs and my standards.Each has to judge their selves,but please take the time to find out.Don;t take anyones word for it.They are no better or worse than the people running it.All con artist are not in jail yet.The good well meaning people of the world always have human parasites and vultures preying on them.Have you ever been "had"? I have.For years before Bryan County Georgia had any animal control,I picked up strays,tended and fed them at my expense.I bought food by bulk lots as it was cheaper by the pallet.I love animals,but I am not a fool over them.Human safety and common sense should always come first.I do despise anyone who fights or mistreats animals.I believe anyone who does so should be treated the same,including being forced to fight to the death.I have eaten dog,cat,guinna pig and many kinds of animals and they were good.The difference in pets and food is strictly in the eye of the beholder.It should be left that way.Not to the SPCA,Humane Society,PETA,and various religions,all who seem to think that is their right.Eat a Catfish or hog in the right place in this world and you can lose your life for it. I love you brothers and sisters.peewee