Yes! finally

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by stinkbaitman, Oct 16, 2007.

1. stinkbaitman

stinkbaitman New Member

State:
    south dakota
    its been rainin here for about 3 days and it quit today so i thought it would be a good day to hunt. got out there and within five or ten minutes i started seein deer. half hour later one finally gave me a shot 15 yards broadside. i hit her and she dropped about 50 yards away. when we found it it only weighed about 90 pounds but i think its a great first archery deer. good luck too all you others who havent got one yet!:big_smile:

2. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    You will never forget that first bow kill. Mine was a spike. I was just starting to go up the tree with an old Baker climbing stand and was only about 8 feet off the ground when he walked out and stood in front of me. I was so nervous, I missed him at 10 yards right in front of me. He ran around to about 15 yards behind me and stopped again. This time I got him with a quartering away shot. He had 11" spikes but I couldn't have been more proud if he was an 18 pointer. I hunted hard for four years before getting that deer.

3. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Congratulations! Doe are a wonderful thing and tastey too. I mounted my doe last year which was my first bow kill. Its a great feeling of accomplishment. Now that your hooked you might want to add another coat of oil on your guns. You might not pick them up again for awhile.

4. bigcatmaniac

bigcatmaniac New Member

State:
    California Miss
    That is so true, you will always remember that first deer. Mine was a young doe that had lost its mother the night before to another hunter in our group, hit her about 15 yards out and she piled up within 100 yards. when all the guys at the camp started giving me grief about shootin that little deer, i told them "look at the size of your deers 'kill zone' and look at the size of mine!!" plus you wont get any better eating!

5. jeffw51

jeffw51 New Member

State:
    mo
    right on cody, these guys are right nothing like the first deer with a bow.good job brother!

6. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Just think, the hardest one to get is the first one. You can be picky next time. My first archery deer was a doe too, and I couldn't be more proud.

7. fishnfool68

fishnfool68 New Member

State:
    Near Tulsa Oklahoma
    That will be some tender dinner!:wink:

8. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Congrats! I got my first one 2 seasons ago. I still remember that feeling of accomplishment when we founder piled up! :big_smile:

9. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Any first bow kill is a trophy. I've killed 13 deer, 2 hogs and a ram with a bow and will shoot another slick-head this fall i would wager. Congrats and heat the grease.

10. Todd Strong

Todd Strong Active Member

State:
    Cambridge, Ne
    Congratuations Cody, any deer with an bow is an good deer. weither it be your first or your 20th.