YELLOW

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by glen the brumsta, Jul 5, 2009.

1. glen the brumsta

glen the brumsta New Member

State:
    birmingham , england
    Hi have any of you guys caught many catfish of any species on yellow coloured bait, it seems wels catfish in England seem to get caught regular on yellow sweetcon and yellow boiled baits intended for carp, now alot of catters are dying fish, spam etc yellow and doing well . why i donno, is this the case in the states, might be worth a go :wink:

2. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Most of the catfish I catch is on live bait or fresh cut bait. I may try it. I can always use more types of bait.

Welcome to the BOC

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Ya never know. Worth a shot for sure.:wink:

4. centexcop

centexcop New Member

State:
    Texas
    Anything is worth a try. I think there needs to be a year long study done on this. The BOC should send a few of us from the states so our England brothers can show us what they know... and we can show them what we know....

I guess I'll step up and volunteer to be sent over since I'm sure no one else will.......:wink::eek:oooh:

5. glen the brumsta

State:
    birmingham , england
    well centexcop, i,m going to texas, next year, to visit friends none fisherman:sad2: but hope to do a bit of catfishing. i think we could all learn off each other. some of our rigs we use for leeches etc,live baits would work there i,m sure. and vice aversa.

6. centexcop

centexcop New Member

State:
    Texas
    What part of Texas are you coming to?

7. glen the brumsta

State:
    birmingham , england
    I asked my mrs where they live , she said dallas texas, i said dallas is very big ,she is going to get me more info on where about in dallas.:confused2:

8. centexcop

centexcop New Member

State:
    Texas
    Dallas is big.... I try not to go there very often... It's a shame your relatives don't live in the Texas Hill Country.....:wink:

9. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    Y ou never know it might work.Thanks for the info.

10. glen the brumsta

State:
    birmingham , england
    I take it it,s full of cats , is that far from dallas. and is dallas a good area for catting, sorry guys for getting off yellow bait. i know when my wife spoke to her fiend last she was going on about great bass fishing i love catching all fish but cats are my favourite, i ,d love to catch a big gar too.

11. yamyam

yamyam New Member

State:
    birmingham u.k
    can i come wiv ya glen my old mate .:wink: .looks like these nice guys from the states let me on there site mate .i am looking forward to reading with interest at some of there methods in catching cats ,maybe try em out on our wells cats ,you never know ..as you know glen i lived in the U.S.A. for a while back in the 70's ,but i would love to know how there methods , and tactics have changed and improved over the years .atb mate .see ya soon buddy .

12. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Die one of them eel's George:eek:oooh::tounge_out: and turn that dude lose on e'm...give us a report:tounge_out::wink:

13. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Glen and Mark.

14. glen the brumsta

State:
    birmingham , england
    thanks blue jay

Mark (yam yam) good to see you on here , i think theres 5 of us now, from England , more to follow, what do you think of yellow baits you must have heard or seen evidence of this. I KNOW I HAVE . W will have to get the wels fishing page going as i feel as we are a bit lost on here.:big_smile:

WELCOME BROTHER

15. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Welcome UK Brothers, From Fresno California:wink:

16. yamyam

yamyam New Member

State:
    birmingham u.k
    thanks for the welcome guys . i know what you mean about the yellow thing glen [brumsta], it seems strange how them yellow pineapple boilies work ,when conventional baits fail on some waters .ive seen zig-rigged pineapple boilies do the damage on a few waters ,maybee its just coinsidence, i dont know for sure .will probably go onto other thred mate ,[wells cats ] am itching to read these guys reports .gota say tho its a top forum site . regards mark.