Yellow River

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by elshale, Sep 16, 2005.

1. elshale

elshale New Member

State:
    Snellville, Georgia
    This non used river looks like it would have a good cat population any one fish there or have a few spots on the river that are good. I am in Snellville so it goes right by the house and that would be nice to do some river fishing. Also is there any other fish trout.etc.

2. Catnewb101

Catnewb101 New Member

State:
    Marietta, Georgia
    If its not really used often, it probly means it has too much debree or that means it just suks. Try chattahoocheRiver/Buford Dam area if your lookin for trout.

3. elshale

elshale New Member

State:
    Snellville, Georgia
    i will try it and let you know

4. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    Used to live on the Yellow. The only thing in that river are turds and trash. Look elsewhere man.

5. elshale

elshale New Member

State:
    Snellville, Georgia
    thanks for the heads up save dme some time

6. elshale

elshale New Member

State:
    Snellville, Georgia
    found a website rating the Yellow river. Stated it was pretty good. Might have to find a spot. http://www.georgiariverfishing.com/riverquicktakes/yellow.htm
    Yellow Perch. Sounds like great bait for some Catties. And by my searching it seems like not many people fish it so probably has some biggins in there.

7. Catnewb101

Catnewb101 New Member

State:
    Marietta, Georgia
    I wouldnt trust it totally cause the other guy use to actually LIVE on the yellow River. Thats ten times better than what a website says.

8. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    Eric,

IF you do plan to fish the yellow sewer go down to were it feeds lake Jackson. The water is deep and theres lots of log jams to fish around. Probably some catties around there. I lived on the river about 5 miles down stream from Snellville. Used to swim in it as a kid until our parents pulled us out. Reason being is there is a sewage teatment plant 10 miles upriver that Dumps its "treated sewage :glare:" directly into the river. Its still there and they still dump. Everytime the river floods so does the plant.

Matt