Yehhh it’s August!!!

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by Michael Jake, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    It’s been a unique year with water levels at present still covering the ramps making them inaccessible, normally this time of year the water level is below many ramps making them inaccessible, guess it’s not that unique in frustrating us fisherman in trying to get out on the water :smile2:… August has been the month for trophy blues here in Missouri, the fish are gorging themselves making the bite hard and fast. It’s also a time I’ve noticed that the first three weeks of August the blues will load up on mussels on the flats. Interesting note in reference to the Missouri Conservation calendar, pocketbook mussel begin their breeding that week indicated on the fourth of August. In my log book I harvested a fish each trip and noted mussel shells were found in the guts up into the third week in August. Another interesting note is the shells are wide open and have commented with a friend that’s a vet saying they have to pass it that way and he said yep :eek:oooh:… so as we go out on the river this month the flats is one spot on my list to target and give those sore bottomed blues a sore lip, let’s see what the rivers will produce this month. August has traditionally been the month for hugh fish. :wink:

2. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Yup, that's why I scheduled my vacation for middle of August:wink:

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Last weekend, bear in mind i was on Grand lake in OKLA. the fish i kept were slamm full of crawdads. More-so than shad and perch. What i caught were on small perch because the shad were no where to be found:confused2:

4. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I want to see what the Platte has to offer this month.

5. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Low water, skeeters and a few asian carp.

6. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Stl Stitch, stlcatman and I went out last night and caught a few decent fish. I boated a 52.6 and stlcatman a 40, those were the biggest, but we ended up putting 13 fish in the boat.

7. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    I got a stretch of water I been eyeing for a little bit Plan on hitting it tonight. It sure looks fishy though.....

8. Angler2007

Angler2007 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    river-rat, What part (area) of the river do you fish?

Good luck tonight Josh. I'm going to try and get out Wed. night this week.

9. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.

Well M.J. if you get out on the big water be careful.Still lots of big trash coming down past us thanks to them dumping Mark Twain Lake into Salt River and yep everything is flooded again.