Yeeeowww!! That hurts!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by bownero, Jul 13, 2008.

1. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Well I'm back from my week long vacation. Done some catfishing, with minimal success. Did manage to catch a couple of cats, one was a 7 lb. channel. I believe the cats are spawning right now and fishing was quite slow. Anyhow, my brother-in-law boated a 3 pounder that was wrapped up in the line, so I grabbed the fish and it slipped, resulting in a deep puncture wound in my right hand. The spike in the fin went right down to the bone.:angry: OUCH!:crazy: Much pain and bleeding and my hand swelled up and I couldn't move my thumb and fingers.The pain shot right up to my shoulder. The endorphens were kicking in from the pain and I came close to passing out, but after 5 or so min. it was better. I managed to fish about a another hour, but the bleeding wouldn't stop. I had a towel that I kept pressure on the wound with. Later I said, " Let's call it a day"! So we left and I went to the doctor. 3 stiches and some infection fighting pills were the remedy. Lesson learned.

1. Always be careful handling Catfish!
    2. Use a net, makes landing them easier.
    3. Never land my brother-in-laws's fish any more.lol. this is the second time I've been injured by handing his fish. One time I was bitten by a musky caught by him and this catfish incident. That sucked!:crazy: LMAO! All well now!!

Mark..

2. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Way to take one for the team, bro!:smile2: Glad you're on the mend,

Branden

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    That hurt me reading that post!!! I'm glad you're healing up though!:wink::big_smile:

4. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    wow musta got ya good to get 3 sticthes hope you heal ok

5. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    thanks guys! never had a fish win the battle like this before! that musky bite was child's play compared to this!!:big_smile: pay back time. Rip some Lip!!:wink:

6. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Ouch!!! Thats one i would have knocked the bark off of and eat, smilin the whole time. They sure can make a sore spot.

7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like a painful trip, great job catching the cats and good luck in the future