Yeeehawwww!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by Scott Daw, Aug 12, 2006.

1. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    My wife was stressing out from work today so I hinted ok so I flat out said that we need to go the lake today to do some catfishing. She agreed so we went out and picked up one of my nieces on the way. It was great weather, a ton of stars were out. There was a double mayfly hatch going on (trico's and sulphurs). They got to see their first shooting star (I was too busy baiting my wifes hook so I missed it) then as the dead line to leave came (2130 hrs) as I just was finishing up a prayer asking for atleast 1 catfish before we left. BAM!!!!!!!!!! The good Lord must have been listening cause there was a cat on the line. He shortly graced me with a 2nd one just before we left to take the niece home. My drought is over, my first cats of the year (1-5 if your keeping track) have been filleted and vacuum sealed in the freezer. I caught 2 nice eating sized cats on chicken livers that were a week old kept in the fridge (never frozen). They were caughing up a few minnows that I couldnt identify (too digested) they were slender. My wife unless you count bluegills, got skunked.

2. iowacatter

iowacatter New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Scott, glad to hear that your draught is over, thats great!! Now you better keep on your streak!!

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Congrats on your catch, it is all up from here.

4. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Heres the pictures of them.

Attached Files:

5. Love Them Cats

Love Them Cats New Member

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma
    Besides all the perch my daughter tonight, she also caught a cat about that size and when I was ready to give up, I caught one.
    That one was the only thing I caught tonight.:angry:

I was getting some good bites, just couldn't hook them.

Ken

6. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Congratulations, Scott - you're onto 'em now :0a23:

7. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    As you mentioned shooting stars, falling stars, comets or whatever you want to call them, the news said last night that you would be able to see them in the north east sky for the next few days if the brightness of the moon doesn't cover them up. Also, the end of the month the planet Mars will be the closest to the earth than it has ever been in recorded history. It will be in the year 28?? before it ever this close again. It will be the brightest "star" next to the moon. Get the kids, grandkids and the telescopes out. I've got an e-mail on it. I'll dig it out and get the true specifics and post them.

8. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Congrats.... good to hear the droughts over..... be sure to let us know when you hook the biggin....

9. CATFISHPAT

CATFISHPAT New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hey Bro,Nice eaters............

10. uptoolate

uptoolate New Member

State:
    Canyon Lake, Texas
    I just saw the most amazing shooting star tonight. It lit up the sky like lightning, then went totally dark, then after a couple of seconds the plasma trail appeared like the contrail of a high-up jet. It was truly amazing.

11. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    Way to go Scott, persistance and a little technical assist from the man up stairs, what a team.

12. Kentucky_Cat_Hunter

Kentucky_Cat_Hunter New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Congrats on the fishes! I did some night fishing this weekend, Friday and Saturday night and saw a bunch of shooting stars. I was thinking I had only seen one before in my life until Friday night. Seems like I saw about 20 of them between Friday and Saturday night.