Year of Motor

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by MRR, Jan 11, 2009.

1. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Can anyone tell me what yr motor this is.Serial number 1708581 Model # FD-12 .All I can tell you is it is a 18hp Johnson Seahorse. Thanks in advance.

2. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I have to look on the one I have hangin and see if we dont have the same motor.I picked one up fer a song and aint got to it yet....I have all the specs wrote down somewhere if I have time when its light will check fer ya.......I am wanderin how much noticable difference there is between a 15 vs a 18 ??? 3 hp??? if its nuff I need to get that ole boy on the boat!
    the one I have needs a carb kit and lower lube but she's good...done had her fired in the drunk tank:wink:

3. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    John,
    You have a 1958 Johnson SeaHorse.
    Glenn

4. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Yup that sounds right Glen
    I am gonna look tommorow but I think we have the same motor...now how much difference would 3 hp be??? I am runnin a 82 15 if I get that ole 18 giong would it be a noticable difference Glen ?

5. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Dang that thing has been around almost as long as I have.,(ALMOST)

6. Laker2

Laker2 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Wonder how many of these new four strokes will still be around after 50+ years?

7. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    bet not as many as these ole dawgs(LOL) there bulletproof man you can run the snot out of them...you take care of em they will take care of you.

8. larry d. grady

larry d. grady Member

State:
    north caro
    you need the johnson /omc repair manual,it tells you how to read the codes.its to complacated to remember the graphs in the manual.