Year Not Starting Out Real Great

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Spider, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Spider

Spider New Member

State:
    Hamburg, PA
    I just don't believe it. It's always something. As with millions of others, the current economy is killing me with increasing bills and cost but no more income. I recently was sick and it wiped out my saved boat repair stash. Now my 200 Ford F250 has a broken exhaust manifold stud (and possible bad manifold) that is probably going to cost me hundreds of dollars to get fixed. At this rate, I'll never get my boat fixed up. This sucks.
    I know my problems are very minimal compared to some peoples but it still sucks when the world just keeps kicking your butt.
    It'll get better once spring comes back, I hope!

2. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Hon it's gonna be, if not all ready kickin alot of our butts. I know it's hard and at least we can talk with each other and vent every now and then.

I hope it gets better for you real soon, and I will be praying about your situation-- and more than that, your health. Stay on top of that and keep well! Hoping that good things come your way very soon!

3. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    Things will get better for you hang in there. I am still getting mine kicked every day but I perk up thinking spring is almost here.

4. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    i agree this year is not starting out real well.i hope it gets better keep the faith and god bless every one

5. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    it's poor over here too, Larry. if you was closer i'd fix your truck just for a boat ride:big_smile:

6. ateamfisherman

ateamfisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    Is it your job what is the mattehave you lost your job or what. I have noticed that some of the rigs are in the yard but it didnt get as busyas they could have been. I think the people with the money is going to hold on to itfor a while. Ithink if the governmentdoes any thing it will be wromg. I think the other countries are working against us. Our goverment will put the money in the wromg place. they will let the thieves have it that is what they have done so far. I dont know what is going on I dont know if it can be fixed it may just take time. Ill shut up. thanks Sam Davis

7. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    My family and I are goin through tough financial times.He is permently disabled,and the Government which pays his monthly retirement check said that under no circumstances was he allowed to get a part time job,if he did his monthly check would be yanked.Sucks,yes it does big time,especially when you're still raising kids.My right knee is goin bad on me so I can't work.Just keep the faith,If God leads ya too He will lead ya through it.

8. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hi Larry! Things are tough all over, I know whatcha mean bro....I'm just droppin' by to spread a word of good cheer if possible. Sometimes, when things get me down, music works in my case.

"Put a quarter in the jukebox and we'll both forget about it.....make the music louder, someone....."

Or, perhaps you're a football fan and are currently watching the Superbowl. I'm hopin' the Steelers will win! If they do, maybe that'll help you feel better, if only for a moment.

You hang in there buddy, spring's just around the corner!