Year is 3/4's over, first flathead catfish

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by treddinwater, Aug 25, 2006.

1. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Well folks, it's almost September and tonight I pulled my first 2 flatheads of the year out of the river. Got there around 5 and caught about a 1/2 dozen bluegills. Not long after throwing my first one out, I had a decent run and ended up landing about a 2lb smallmouth, now I don't know what it is, but everytime I go to the river and target flatheads, I end up with a nice smallmouth right off the bat. Next cast and something gets my bait. So I rebait and throw it out in the same spot, 2 minutes later that pole is bending again and after a fair tustle, I land a healthy 3lb flathead. Another hour goes by without much action and then my pole is bending again and this time I land about a 2lb flathead and this one is the darkest flathead I've ever seen, very pretty fish. Well they weren't monsters, but they sure did make my day, after last year's flathead bananza and this year none up until now, I was very pleased.

2. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Better late than never! Congrats and glad you made it on the 2006 scoreboard! Now that you broke the ice go get that big 'un!!!:smile2:

3. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Thanks Scot, my dad and I are planning a fishing trip for the holiday next weekend so hopefully we'll get lucky.

4. bigcatJoe

bigcatJoe New Member

State:
    indiana
    I'm glad you cought some flatheads.

5. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Congrats on the flatheads! Maybe it will be start of a big hot streak. Good luck!!

6. catfishn72

catfishn72 New Member

State:
    WhEELING,WEST VIRGINIA
    the next 2 months is very good flathead fishing i caught my biggest one in october it was 35# hope you get a big one good luck to ya.

7. just cats

just cats New Member

State:
    Leslie Missouri
    Good job. Flatheads been slow for me this year too. Got a few back in May and June but haven't laid eyes on one since the first of July. Hoping they get going again soon. Stay after em!

8. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Way to go, Keep catching them cats!!

9. Catmaster

Catmaster New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    THATS GON BE SUM GOOOOD EAT'N lol