YEAH i'm still fishin breaking in a new guy

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by vini, Nov 4, 2007.

1. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    My girlfriends son who's never gotten much of a chance to fish , we're just catching lilins for now but hope for something a bit more hefty soon

Attached Files:

2. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Ive been catching little ones for 30 yrs...not by choice, LOL. He's wearing a big smile and thats what counts. Thanks for the pics.

3. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Way to go Vini every kid need's someone to show them how to fish and enjoy nature,Weather they be lil fish or big ones there catching it's just fun to see them happy and having fun.

4. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Thanks. He'll have a lifetime of memories.

5. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Sounds and looks like your doing a good job and teaching him how to catch bait first:wink::smile2:. Get him hooked on that then introduce him to real fishing:wink:j/k. As stated above the smile on his face says it all, Great Job!!

6. fshnutz

fshnutz New Member

State:
    Sacramento California
    it's always good to see the kids fishing. God knows it kept me out of some trouble growing up! Keep up the good work.
    LInz

7. StankBait

StankBait New Member

State:
    CA
    Way to go !!

Nice fish for a newbie, Id be hapy to catch those!!

8. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    Thanks guys .

I'm just doing for myself what I got little of when growing up, my Dad was a business man and had very little time or patience for that matter for fishing, the kid in me is still longing to do these outdoor things so I have just as much fun as a kid would :wink:

This weekend we're all going up to the hills and i'm going to show him how to high bank for gold he gets to lug all my stuff upstream on the fresno river about half mile LOL it isn't fun but once you get all set up and start running material threw the sluice and start seeing little glistens of gold then all of the sudden it gets pretty interesting. But him and his buddy will run off and play in the creek there may even be a few pools with trout not to sure yet waters a little low for that but just perfect to hunt gold.

9. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Vini... good to see your getting out.... and getting some help lugging all that "gold finding" stuff to boot...... Have the boys look out for the "Rattlers" and "snipes" iffin your are spending the night.

bayrunner ray

10. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    I haven't ran into a single rattler this summer and I've tromped some Sierra Nevada hills more then I ever have in my life this year, its sorta weird I keep snake bite kit in the truck just in case and on me when I got on hikes away from the truck.

Worst thing I've gotten is poison oak which I could not get rid of for more then a month, it was like it kept spreading, must have gotten some oil all over the truck cab and in the bed thats stuffs horrible i'm not allergic to the leaves but I slide down a hill and the roots got me good.